DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI bad customer service

mman

Reactions
I had previously posted a thread about my issues with video quality and the Mavic was sent in to DJI for replacement. I called them after 5 business days to inquire about the status and was told that it would they would need to first determine if drone was crashed or mishandled first and technicians would be reviewing my drone. Then the second phase would be that management would make the decision based on findings if it warranted a replacement. The customer service rep. suggested that I call back after a weeks time to get a status update. I called them back after 8 business days had passed yesterday and was told by the same customer service rep that I should have received an email and they were going to use my 'refresh' warranty. I was surprised to hear that. First of all I had not been given any email updates and secondly I would be needing to use my 'refresh' warranty?! I told the rep. that the drone had not had any crashes or been mishandled and that I had only used the drone maybe 6 flights total, and only had the drone a total of 5 days. He took some notes and added it to my file. I asked if I would be getting a new drone and when a new drone could be shipped out? He couldn't answer. I asked to speak with a supervisor. After a period of time I spoke with the manager. As I spoke to the manager and tried to explain the situation, he cut me off and said he had read the notes. I asked if I would be getting a new replacement or not and he commented that I was in queue to get a replacement. I asked if the replacement would be new or a refurbished one and he said that since he didn't have my drone in hand he could not comment. I told him that I was concerned that they would be utilizing my 'refresh' warranty and asked if he could at least send me a note that I would be getting a new replacement and he became agitated and repeated their process back to me. He noted that he could not comment on when a new shipment would arrive and that they had no spare parts at this time either. The tone of his voice was condescending and he was in a hurry to get off the phone. So now I'm wondering what to do? My credit card has not been paid yet and I'm wondering if I should enter a dispute.

I had previously posted a thread about my issues with video quality and the Mavic was sent in to DJI for replacement. I called them after 5 business days to inquire about the status and was told that it would they would need to first determine if drone was crashed or mishandled first and technicians would be reviewing my drone. Then the second phase would be that management would make the decision based on findings if it warranted a replacement. The customer service rep. suggested that I call back after a weeks time to get a status update. I called them back after 8 business days had passed yesterday and was told by the same customer service rep that I should have received an email and they were going to use my 'refresh' warranty. I was surprised to hear that. First of all I had not been given any email updates and secondly I would be needing to use my 'refresh' warranty?! I told the rep. that the drone had not had any crashes or been mishandled and that I had only used the drone maybe 6 flights total, and only had the drone a total of 5 days. He took some notes and added it to my file. I asked if I would be getting a new drone and when a new drone could be shipped out? He couldn't answer. I asked to speak with a supervisor. After a period of time I spoke with the manager. As I spoke to the manager and tried to explain the situation, he cut me off and said he had read the notes. I asked if I would be getting a new replacement or not and he commented that I was in queue to get a replacement. I asked if the replacement would be new or a refurbished one and he said that since he didn't have my drone in hand he could not comment. I told him that I was concerned that they would be utilizing my 'refresh' warranty and asked if he could at least send me a note that I would be getting a new replacement and he became agitated and repeated their process back to me. He noted that he could not comment on when a new shipment would arrive and that they had no spare parts at this time either. The tone of his voice was condescending and he was in a hurry to get off the phone. So now I'm wondering what to do? My credit card has not been paid yet and I'm wondering if I should enter a dispute.

This is not acceptable IMO if you have not crashed the drone and it has been faulty from new then

a) you should not be using your refresh and

b) you should be receiving a NEW replacement as that's what you paid for in the first place if you are not happy that you are going to receive this then contact DJI in writing ( via email ) and make this point and inform them that if they fail to meet you on this request then you will raise this with your CC company.

This is just one of many inconsistent ways that DJI Support seem to be dealing with customer issues.

Ya the more bad experiences I read about CS the more surprised I am. In my 3 dealings with DJI Carson with my I1 and P3P the support I received was outstanding to say the least. I'm guessing they are totally inundated now with Mavics and I suppose frustration levels are running a bit high? But that in no case is an excuse for this type of thing, which seems to be happening more and more from the posts I'm reading. To the OP sorry for your issue I hope you get it sorted soon.

I agree the support level is horrendous. Seems their entire workflow process is being crushed with the advent of returns. This of course leads to extended times for accessing support via any of the means available and complete lack of communication via their "automated" processes.

For example waiting 3 days to get a shipping label is ridiculous. Also my drone shows from UPS that it was delivered a week ago to Carson, but I've not received any information about it being received or the current status. No e-mail, WEB site status still shows no activity nothing, it's like in a big black hole. I've e-mailed customer support and they assure me it was received and simply ask me to be patient. If they want customers to be patient, then provide valid information and provide some decent customer service. So far, the best part of my return was the speed that UPS delivered the drone back to Carson, which for me was the next day.

This is not acceptable IMO if you have not crashed the drone and it has been faulty from new then

a) you should not be using your refresh and

b) you should be receiving a NEW replacement as that's what you paid for in the first place if you are not happy that you are going to receive this then contact DJI in writing ( via email ) and make this point and inform them that if they fail to meet you on this request then you will raise this with your CC company.

This is just one of many inconsistent ways that DJI Support seem to be dealing with customer issues.

Thanks for the comments....I'm waiting a few more days to see what they do and if I don't get a new drone then I will dispute the payment with my cc. I'm really frustrated with them

They are about as lame *** the supposed .djinatalies etc. on the DJI site. All Morons. One would think that a billion dollar company would care more. They don't. Total freaking lip service from people who can't speak English

Reactions: stratos
They are about as lame *** the supposed .djinatalies etc. on the DJI site. All Morons. One would think that a billion dollar company would care more. They don't. Total freaking lip service from people who can't speak English

You are so right in so many things :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007