DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Bag - very disappointed

GSARider

Reactions
got the combo deal and the bag is just way too tight. Just spent quite a while trying to get the mavic back out after putting it in last night.

Have ordered a smatree bag as I bought one for the dji osmo last year and found it to be pretty good...

Reactions: seaberry69
Yeah, a lot of people complain about it being to small, there are other better options out there, could use a dedicated packpack, hardcase, or seperate smaller cases for the mavic and transmitter and then throw them in a regular back pack, that's what I do.

Reactions: Skymax
Interesting. That's the bag I use all the time. Mine is good.

I wonder if they have different manufactures so they are slightly different?

Just so we are talking about the same configuration, I put the mavic in camera down with the lense cover on. The top (battery) of the drone is toward the outside/side of the bag. Controller goes in the other compartment with the sticks pointing towards the drone at a 45 degree angle toward the corner. Second battery sits over the controller. Top zips up. It's all a good fit.

I also received the combo pack last week. Have use the bag twice and also found it to be too tight.
Time to try find another.

Pack it right plus some time to let it stretch a bit and it works.
I still use a hard case but it the soft one is good for just taking the Mavic on those I never know what I might see trips.

Rob

I packed it camera side up, I didn't like the idea of it getting stuck inside the bag and not being able to see it. I put the controller in at an angle.

Even ignoring the fact that it was way too tight, there's nowhere to put the charger.

Combo plus 4th battery all fits in, even without taking off the extended legs. It's how you pack it that counts. Check it out on YouTube. The bag is shite until you see how to pack it, then it's like wow, it's like Tardis.

No such thing as manufacturing variance huh? I prefer my looser old, old camera bag. A lot less fuss.

got the combo deal and the bag is just way too tight. Just spent quite a while trying to get the mavic back out after putting it in last night.

Have ordered a smatree bag as I bought one for the dji osmo last year and found it to be pretty good...
I have the hard case looks like the pelican case but much cheaper. Everything fits in its own cutouts nice and snug. Paid 58.00 and well worth it.

Even if there was room to comfortably fit the Mavic, 3 batteries and chargers, I have other things I need to take such as the Marco Polo, iPad, battery recharge pack, filter pack, small metal box for cables, flashlight and other stuff.

Reactions: Skymax
I can pack the Mavic with battery, RC Controller, both chargers, the charge hub, 2 extra batteries, 4 extra props, USB charge adapter, X-tra SD Card, 18" Lightning cable, TBeacon all in the Combo Bag without trouble. I also straddle the handle with my MavMount. Sometimes I leave the charge gear at home and can take a total of 5 batteries as well as the USB charger adapter. When I take the airlines, the 5-battery pack is how I do it and put the charge gear in my checked luggage. I LOVE the combo bag... it's very portable.

Combo plus 4th battery all fits in, even without taking off the extended legs. It's how you pack it that counts. Check it out on YouTube. The bag is shite until you see how to pack it, then it's like wow, it's like Tardis.

Rightttt

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929