DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI CARE BEGUN

jerryflah

Reactions
My Mavic had a mind of its own this afternoon. I was fortunate to track it down and retrieve it. The DJI GO4 app. disconnected the screen went dark and the bird began to gain altitude and fly off. It failed to respond to any input from the controller including multiple RTH tries. Now the altitude on the controller read over 700 feet well above the 396 feet I'd input as MAX and the distance 1500+ feet losing VLOS. By the time I remembered what the Forum had taught me the battery was below 20%. Finally when I rebooted the controller, the RTH audible began to chirp. I waited several minutes as the distance began to diminish BUT the whine of the motors still was barely audible and the battery level was dropping quickly so I began to run toward the sound. Now the altitude too was dropping as if she was landing a few hundred feet from home point. Luckily I located it just as the battery died and it fell to the ground, bouncing from branch to branch. The aft. port arm was badly torn but still attached, the gimbal's rear attachment points were free from their moorings. Both the Mavic and the controller are packaged up with DJI REPAIR UPS labels awaiting drop off tomorrow. DJI CARE REFRESH was easy so I'll be without my MP for several weeks but am optimistic thanks to all you who have had to send your Mavic in for repair and shared your stories on the Forum

Glad you were able to retrieve it.

Be patient with DJI and you will have a replacement drone in 4-6 weeks, maybe less. Their communication and organization suffer, but they will do the repair and will get it back to you.

Allow 1 week for UPS to get it to them
Allow 3-4 days for them to acknowledge they received it.
Allow 1-3 days for damage assessment
Allow 1-3 days for them to send you a payment link
Allow 1-3 days for them to get it ready for shipping
Allow 1 week for UPS to return it to you

Along the way you will get email updates, and you can check your repair progress online. Just remember to be patient and they will get it back to you.

Here's the link to check your repair status either by case # or your phone #. The verification code is case sensitive:

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Reactions: jerryflah
What software version and what phone were you using?
Sorry to hear about the crash

Glad you were able to retrieve it.

Be patient with DJI and you will have a replacement drone in 4-6 weeks, maybe less. Their communication and organization suffer, but they will do the repair and will get it back to you.

Allow 1 week for UPS to get it to them
Allow 3-4 days for them to acknowledge they received it.
Allow 1-3 days for damage assessment
Allow 1-3 days for them to send you a payment link
Allow 1-3 days for them to get it ready for shipping
Allow 1 week for UPS to return it to you

Along the way you will get email updates, and you can check your repair progress online. Just remember to be patient and they will get it back to you.

Here's the link to check your repair status either by case # or your phone #. The verification code is case sensitive:

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
Knew I could count on you thanks. I'll be patient.

Wow I would like to know what made it act like that. What was the build date? Did you get the dat. Files so others here could take a look and see what happened? They are good at finding out what happend. I am glad it did not fly off I do not think you can use the care if you do not send it back. They wanted the remote? Did they want the battery? Keep us posted on what Dji say!
My files don't exist. I got the combo in early Feb. It's packaged and it'll be at UPS this AM. Sending MP with BAT. and Controller. Monitor is Galaxy Tab A. Software GO4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54