DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Conclusions?

I've been on the fence, but given that I fly a lot over water and they exclude crashes where water is involved, I'm going to skip it. From the description:

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
4) Any replacement request resulting from or following water damage.​

if this helps anyone decide, here is an excerpt from the email I recieved from DJI after purchasing the Care Refresh for my Mavic Pro:

2. Coverage

If damage occurs accidentally to your aircraft under normal use, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge each time the service is requested. The replacement units will be in new or as-new condition in terms of performance and reliability. Covered parts include the aircraft body, gimbal, propellers, and battery. Some important details are listed below:

1) Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compression, or crashing caused by operator error or accident, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the unit is sent to DJI within the period of validity.

2) If you choose to apply for a replacement under DJI Care Refresh, your original aircraft needs to be returned to DJI and a replacement service fee will be charged.

3) DJI Care Refresh includes two replacements. If you claim for replacement of your aircraft twice, DJI shall be considered to have fully executed the DJI Care Refresh service. The DJI Care Refresh service will then be terminated.

4) The first time replacement fee is $79, the second time replacement fee is $129.

3. Exclusions

The service does not cover:

1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.

2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.

3) Damage caused by flight in unsuitable environments.

4) Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.

5) The remote controller or any accessories mounted to your aircraft.

6) Deliberate losses.

7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.

8) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.

9) Replacement requests out of DJI Care Refresh’s period of validity.

10) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.

11) Damage resulting from unauthorized circuit restructuring, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.

12) Damage resulting from using under-charged or defective batteries.

Reactions: dam
I got insurance through state farm. For 60$ a year and no deductible. It covers everything ... Crashes, fly always ect.

I'm a first time droner that's been practicing for the last few months with a syma x5c... so I bought dji refresh and got a standalone state farm policy for $60/no deductible (for everything else that refresh doesn't cover i.e. flyaway, theft, water, etc).

I'm on the fence with DJI Refresh. After reading the FAQ on DJI's website I DO NOT see where it covers operator negligence or just any old crash. It seems to only cover " equipment quality" repairs. Please point me in the right direction if I am incorrect. It sure seems like a waste of money if it covers the exact same things as the 12 month warranty, right? #8 "force majeure" wtf is that!?

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2) Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4) Any replacement request resulting from or following water damage.
5) Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro, and modification accessories.
6) Deliberate losses.
7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
8) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9) Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
11) Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
12) Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

Difference between warranty and DJI Care Refresh:
A product warranty is a guarantee of repair service provided by a manufacturer if any product defects are found. DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use. You can still enjoy DJI’s standard product warranty without buying DJI Care Refresh, but DJI Care Refresh can greatly reduce service costs. Furthermore, if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining Replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected.

what!? Sounds to me like DJI has a way out. I mean what the heck is the difference between "product defects" & "quality issues"!!?? Aren't those two the same thing? Really seems like a waste of money until someone can confirm it's worth. IMO

Could someone take one for the team and crash their Mavic Pro deliberately into a wall and see if DJI will replace it for $79?

"force majeure" = Act of God, from a legal standpoint

I got insurance through state farm. For 60$ a year and no deductible. It covers everything ... Crashes, fly always ect.
Laura,

What was the policy called? Do you recall? I'm thinking about calling them and asking for it... not sure what to ask for. [emoji41]

Vernon

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: Vernon Draper
That is part of your homeowners policy? What if you do not have Sate Farm for homeowners? Also, what do they do if you just need repairs? Do they just cut you a check?

It is the only policy I have with state farm. All of my other insurance is with Amica (home, umbrella, auto). I purchased only for the items that dji refresh does not cover (namely fly away, theft, loss, and water). From everything that I've read and confirmed with the state farm local agent is that they typically just cut you a check. A few forum users have also stated that they have successfully made claims without having their rates go up. I will be leveraging refresh for repairs. Hope this is helpful

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It is the only policy I have with state farm. All of my other insurance is with Amica (home, umbrella, auto). I purchased only for the items that dji refresh does not cover (namely fly away, theft, loss, and water). From everything that I've read and confirmed with the state farm local agent is that they typically just cut you a check. A few forum users have also stated that they have successfully made claims without having their rates go up. I will be leveraging refresh for repairs. Hope this is helpful

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Awesome information, thank you. I will definitely be making some phone calls to State Farm when my Mavic eventually shows up.

Reactions: joelb727
The problem with standard insurance companies like State Farm is that they record claims for statistical purposes that other insurance companies have access to. So if you have a claim on the Mavic and then are shopping around for Homeowners insurance a few months later, you may not qualify for the best "claim free" rate. I prefer to go with a policy that has nothing to do with Homeowners or Auto insurance. Even if I had a fly away, I don't think I'd file a claim and risk it for a $750 drone.

I now kind of wish I hadn't gotten the dji care refresh. There might be a defective camera issue and I'm still within the window of opportunity to return it for a refund at apple and have one coming from best buy anyways.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka