DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Disapointment

Mine was the same, according to UPS it arrived last Thursday but it wasn't until Tuesday that DJI's repair tracking showed that it had arrived. It has moved quite quickly since then, well until they ran out of replacement Mavics.. :mad::mad:

Thanks Pedro that gives me some hope!! don't mind waiting a few extra days while they restock just want to know its there and im on the list for when they come back in!! Back to the P4 for now!

I also posted this on the DJI website and had a bit of a moan, guess what....45 mins later i got the email saying they had it and it was now going for assessment!

It appears DJI completely underestimated the success of the Mavic. The fallout is backlogs in shipping of new units, shortages of parts to repair an unprecedented number of units being crashed and returned by new pilots, manufacturing QC issues aggravated further by high demand, improper packaging design of the gimble to withstand rough handling in shipment, and manpower shortages in both customer service and repair departments.

In short: They are overwhelmed and understaffed to handle a crushing workload that resulted from high sales numbers. I have high hopes that by the time I need service things will have calmed down.

Reactions: SeanOzz
Agreed ^^^

I couldn't make up my mind whether to send mine back to DJI as I'm flying to Iceland in 3 weeks time and I didn't want a load of video with dodgy focus in it so I went for the repair. I've now ordered a replacement Mavic as it seems that I can't trust DJI not to take that amount of time to get me a Mavic back. I've got 30 days to return the new one so I'll have to make a decision soon whether to open the new one to make sure it's fully operational before I go. I'm not expecting to get back to Iceland in this lifetime so I can't leave the opportunity to chance.

If I do use the one I ordered today, I'll sell it on afterwards. Decisions, decisions..

Has anybody actually received a truly repaired drone back (meaning... you sent in YOUR broken drone and you got YOUR drone back fixed) ?

In tracking the forums and seeing the quotes people are getting (all seem to have all four arms, camera, motors etc) it seems like most cases are just swapping the units thus the recent delays are related to lack of complete units to be used as replacements.

I am curious if anyone had one that was truly repaired by DJI ????

Yay!? Recieved an email that my process is complete and my new unit will ship out withing 3 business days so.... Heres hoping...

Reactions: Slayerstwin
Has anybody actually received a truly repaired drone back (meaning... you sent in YOUR broken drone and you got YOUR drone back fixed) ?

In tracking the forums and seeing the quotes people are getting (all seem to have all four arms, camera, motors etc) it seems like most cases are just swapping the units thus the recent delays are related to lack of complete units to be used as replacements.

I am curious if anyone had one that was truly repaired by DJI ????

Curious about this as well... I know mine will be a complete replacement but I have heard the same things...

I have found that they're not all new replacements. My replacement was DOA. DJI says they're out of replacement drones. So I have to wait. I hope I'm not waiting on another crappy refurb.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

I have found that they're not all new replacements. My replacement was DOA. DJI says they're out of replacement drones. So I have to wait. I hope I'm not waiting on another crappy refurb.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

This is what scares me is I wait all this time to get something that doesnt work right:( But it must be a new unit as I had to wait so long but we will see!

I've noticed DJI seems to be copying Apple, from the product launch, adverts, presentation & packaging.. unfortunately they are no way near to the service which Apple provides (at least from what I've been reading here in MP)... they need to lift their game up big time!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Im on my 4th bird I've had nothing short of excellent experiences with DJI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got a reply today my drone is repaired, I had previously payed the $79. They will be shipping it in the next 3 business days.
I'm in Colorado they had it for a week and a half..

Through DJI Care Refresh

I've noticed DJI seems to be copying Apple, from the product launch, adverts, presentation & packaging.. unfortunately they are no way near to the service which Apple provides (at least from what I've been reading here in MP)... they need to lift their game up big time!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
DJI simply cannot duplicate Apple as far as service until DJI charges 2.5x the price per drone. That's pretty much what this comes down to.

When i received my mavic, they shipped it without the new propellers and gimbal clamp.
They took more than a week to send me these parts!

Im on my 4th bird I've had nothing short of excellent experiences with DJI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm curious what that "excellent experience" has involved..

Has it been buying 4 DJI drones and you've not had the occasion to return any of them for service?

Or that you've had the need to return 4 DJI drones to DJI for attention and the service you've encountered has been excellent?

In the first scenario, it's not really relevant to this thread as you've not experienced DJI service.

In the second scenario, whilst the service might have been great, having to return 4 defective (I suppose you could have broken them) doesn't speak well about the quality of their birds, i.e. great service, crap drones.

Like I said, just interested.. :)

Reactions: MavicGuy
This is the most CARELESS service I've ever seen! DJI is not about quality service. Waiting for my replacement hoping it all comes intact...if it doesn't come back with propellers or gimble clap I would complain that is not new!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000