DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Disapointment

It seems we all just got the same update from repair that our Mavics will be shipping within 3 days. Based on my 4 week ordeal with DJI Care Refresh repair, I seriously doubt that will happen. It's been a frustratingly horrible experience dealing with those people.
Wish us all luck on receiving properly operational Mavics with all the proper pieces and parts included.

Update on my Mavic Pro repair status. The ticket was originally opened on 1/28/17 and the Mavic shipped to DJI the next day via FedEx 2nd Day Air. Here is the final timeline:

Received Feb/07/2017 17:36:13
Repair cost assessed and quoted Feb/07/2017 21:08:09
Repaired and tested Feb/23/2017 13:25:31
Product delivered Feb/23/2017 16:47:31 (they mean delivered to UPS for return shipping back to the East Coast. ETA of the package to my home is 3/3/2017.)

That to me is far too long for comfort, especially given the fact that it had only minor damage. I had originally made the assumption that the crash was somehow my fault and opened the case under "Operator Error", however, their own testing revealed the IMU malfunction was the root cause, so they ended up processing the repair under the regular Warranty, instead of DJI Refresh. That may have contributed to the longer than expected repair time but at least they performed the repair at no charge to me. DJI Refresh supposed to include "VIP Priority repair" privileges. Anyhow, I have to give them credit for doing the right thing.

I reserve final verdict until I actually receive the Mavic and test it but overall their process seems to have improved since the Phantom 2 days, which is the last time I had sent in a DJI product for warranty repair. There is certainly room for improvement but overall, the experience have been significantly better. To an extent this is due to the more advanced diagnostics and tools available to them but they have also invested considerably in processes, workflow and staffing as well.

skeleton.jpg

Just got mine back today. Sent to the Netherlands 6th Feb for warranty repair. Just home from work and opened the box,they've sent me what looks like a brand new one, totally different serial and stickers on arms and gimbal,everything looks fine hopefully back flying tomorrow weather permitting.

I have DJI refresh but don't think it gave me a priority repair.

Took about a good month for mines. I'll be more careful now and I'm getting Allstate insurance just in case

Sent from [emoji211]

Another spoiled consumer here.. but I have to agree about the customer service leaving much to be desired. My experience was frustrating, but they did eventually get me all taken care of. I truly feel like they haven't put as much effort into customer care, and it shows. DJI if you're listening to all of these complaints, and business is good, maybe hire some more customer service reps? Expand your repair locations in the U.S. so that your one facility isn't overrun with service requests? And please, please make the instructions for sending in specific items less confusing. I had so many conflicting emails/informative sections on DJI refresh conditions come up it made my head spin during the replacement process.

I just think they should increase those predicted working days. They fail most of them, failing costumer expectations.

Another thing that bugged me was the chat support. They are just there talking and never actually solving problems. Many times they actually lied to me.

I found that problems are only solved by email.

From the many (oh, so many) threads on this topic, there is a very easy solution. Translate the Chinese use of the word, "days", to "weeks". Ergo, 3 to 4 days = 3 to 4 weeks. That does seem to be the exact formula.

Now, when you contact them to complain about the status of your bird, understand the following:

"We will expedite it", means: Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Reactions: acrotrainer
had a factory defect right out of the box, day 1 . Sent it back. It was in the shop for 2 weeks before they shipped. Countless emails, several phone calls.
I am just about to open the fixed one. Hope everything is there.. and working

had a factory defect right out of the box, day 1 . Sent it back. It was in the shop for 2 weeks before they shipped. Countless emails, several phone calls.
I am just about to open the fixed one. Hope everything is there.. and working
Had a similar thing happen. Good luck. Expecting mine to ship out Monday. Was finished with repair Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Just heard the replacement Mavic has shipped! It has been 25 days since the case was filed with Care Refresh. Though, it ended up being covered under warranty after flight analysis determined crash was the result of system failure. I understand the difficulty for DJI to deal with demand and supply but to sum up, here are two suggestions for DJI to handle this better:

1. If a repair or exchange cannot be processed in the expected 3-4 days (took 15 days in my case...), DJI should either refund or extend the Care Refresh plan accordingly

2. Option to ship via next or second day air should be made available. There is nothing worse than watching your much needed drone take a 2-wk road trip from the east coast to the west coast and back.

Reactions: GSPRODUCT
Hey all,

I recently had to ship my Mavic off for repair and I made a quick video about the entire process.

Documenting emails, procedure and timescales.

Hopefully it may be of interest to some.

Thanks,

-Aidan

I just ordered my MP yesterday and I'm not sure if I should add DJI Care. I have a P3S that is covered with State Farm, but that basically covers if it is stolen or crashed. Not sure about fly-aways. I'm assuming the warranty is a year for the Mavic so should I just rely on the warranty period for malfunctions and State Farm for crashes? Or, should I get both and hope that the Care service improves? Thanks for any suggestions.

I live in Canada 1/2 time and Arizona 1/2 time. Best case: I never use my Refresh. 2ND Best: I destroy my Mavic while I'm in Arizona - 6 days round trip by ground to the west coast. Worst Case: I'm in Canada and have to wait 6 months til I get back to the US. Anybody know if there's any way to use your refresh while you are out of country?

So my replacement Mavic has shipped today from Holland to the UK.

Mine was picked up on Tuesday 14th February and the replacement is due to be returned on Friday 3rd March, 2.5 weeks overall which I think is pretty good really..

I bought into the dji Care Refresh as well and have had to give them a swift kick in the butt at every step so far. It was sent in February the 8th and repaired and ready to be sent back Feb 15th. I called them today asking why it had not been shipped back yet they said to give them till next week.
It appears common to me for DJI to over promise and under deliver with regard to time for delivery of both new and repaired product. I'm not looking forward to testing my DJI Refresh. Hopefully I won't have to, or they will be back up to full stock when I do.

So my replacement Mavic has shipped today from Holland to the UK.

Mine was picked up on Tuesday 14th February and the replacement is due to be returned on Friday 3rd March, 2.5 weeks overall which I think is pretty good really..
The trick is "due" - vs. "reality." Report back when you actually get it.

The trick is "due" - vs. "reality." Report back when you actually get it.

Some might take your post as insulting, condescending even, I might have on a bad day but today I'm happy.. DJI might be short on trust but I trust UPS implicitly..

ups.jpg

Some might take your post as insulting, condescending even, I might have on a bad day but today I'm happy.. DJI might be short on trust but I trust UPS implicitly..

View attachment 7444
Dude. Chill out. Read my other posts. Nothing insulting at all. Wow. Just referring to MANY others who were told it was on the way when it really wasn't. Wow. Seriously.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User