DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh Disapointment

Has anyone received their Care Refreshed Mavics from this latest restocking backlog? Mine is currently on the 7 day journey back to the east coast. Wondering if people are receiving brand new Mavics, or ones that are clearly "refurbished". How is the packing? Did they send with new props?

Sent mine in on 2.13
DJI received it 2.16
UPS will be delivering back to me tomorrow 3.1

Two weeks to the day DJI received it.

I will be getting it back

Live in Colorado sent it to So Cal.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

A technology company such as DJI must have tons of metrics on return rates by regions throughout North America. It seems to be more economical to set up change-out depots of refurb product, shipping the returns back to a central location for repair. These repaired Mavics then would replenish the depots.

If you opened another location on the East Coast, and expedited returns under DJI Care to eligibility assessment only, you could turnaround a refurb within 2 days. Then, just offer Ground for free, and 2 day and/or Next Day for a premium.

From drop off to return could be brought down to 1-2 weeks. That level of customer service would be huge.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

What did you do to it exactly?

I cratered it.

a8511acccc00773e373d1abdad931dfd.jpg
0b8ffc8dc859725f11965a9393dd7cfe.jpg

Reactions: dmanisgnarly
1. I guess DJI is treating their repair centers like their dealers.

2. There is a different business practice between east and west.

3. Were these repairs due to hardware failure or user error?

A few days ago, I sent a Mavic Pro for replacement under DJI Care Refresh plan. The service states a 3-4 day turnaround for aircraft repair or replacement, mine has been stuck in repair status for now 10 days. Althgouh DJI covers shipping both ways, this is done through UPS ground service with no option to speed that up. Surprisingly, they only have one service center and it's on the west coast. If located on the east coast, R/T shipping adds two weeks to the service timeline . By subscribing to DJI Care Refresh, I was under the impression that we are placed on priority status and that best efforts were made to tighten the repair/exchange timeline. Obviously, not the case. Attached is my repair timeline current status.

I used my refresh a couple of weeks ago and had quick turnaround. I did realize something about DJI. They rely on shipping containers arriving from China. It seems when I called them back, a container had just arrived with Mavic's aboard. It only took them a couple of days and another polite/patient phone-call to them to realize a shipment to me the next day. I really think they are trying but upper management botched the release and fanfare related to the best drone to hit the market in 2016.

Reactions: Jtmoney
My ups tracking number still isn't working after 3 days, wondering if its been posted at all!

My ups tracking number still isn't working after 3 days, wondering if its been posted at all!

Hmm, I got my UPS tracking # on Tuesday afternoon but it didn't go live on UPS until yesterday afternoon so it's strange yours isn't yet.. I guess mine missed the UPS pick up Tuesday but it's now in the UK today.

That's some massive damage. Seeing your camera separate from the bird is a bad feeling. Is that an XD i spy in the background ;)

Has anyone received their Care Refreshed Mavics from this latest restocking backlog? Mine is currently on the 7 day journey back to the east coast. Wondering if people are receiving brand new Mavics, or ones that are clearly "refurbished". How is the packing? Did they send with new props?
I'll answer my own post for those who may be interested: I received the Mavic back today...exactly 5 weeks from when I filed my repair claim with DJI. It appears to be a new Mavic. It was loosely packed in a sheet of bubble wrap within a box of styro peanuts. No custom packaging. Had to dig through the peanuts to find the 4 loose propellers at the bottom of the box.
Following a firmware update and binding with my original controller, I had a flawless flight.
After a 5 week horrible ordeal with DJI customer support, I'm just glad to have the Mavic back again....

10 days return of teh MAVIC after repair?? and you guys are complaining ?? ah ah

I live in Hong-Kong. So basically SHENZHEN (DJI Homebase) is located just the other side of the bay. I could acually use the metro from hong-Kong and go to Shenzhen...just less than an hour trip.

But since DJI opened a flagship store in hong-Kong last year i went there to bring my MAVIC (i had faulty edge of MAVIC lens so my pictures are slightly blurry on left side)

They told me it would basically take 6 LONG weeks before i can get back my MAVIC with my DJI CARE REFRESH !!!!

I was like WTF !!! a good part of the delay they said was because Hong-kong being "special administrative region" (so not like mainland China) it has to go through BEIJING CUSTOMS because beijing needs to inspect such devices sent to repair in China

I finally decided NOT to send it...crazy to see USA gets better customer service than us living just in front of DJI !!!

Reactions: kona and GSPRODUCT
Recieved mine today after 5 weeks and its a new drone:) Water damage replacement. Everything looks good so far, just going out to try a new flight!

Crashed my Mavic on Saturday, filled out the DJI Care repair form online yesterday. Called DJI (818-235-0789) to see if I could speed things up by shipping it myself, instead of waiting for UPS to get it there. The rep said that wouldn't help, since they're currently backed up in the evaluation department. Once my Mavic arrives, it's going to wait for them to finish with the backlog. He said that I can expect 10-15 business days turnaround, at DJI. Then, there's the super-slow return shipping. Shipping to and from will total 8 days. No drone for a month. (not a happy customer)

Crashed my Mavic on Saturday, filled out the DJI Care repair form online yesterday. Called DJI (818-235-0789) to see if I could speed things up by shipping it myself, instead of waiting for UPS to get it there. The rep said that wouldn't help, since they're currently backed up in the evaluation department. Once my Mavic arrives, it's going to wait for them to finish with the backlog. He said that I can expect 10-15 business days turnaround, at DJI. Then, there's the super-slow return shipping. Shipping to and from will total 8 days. No drone for a month. (not a happy customer)

I feel your pain, in case youre interested I did a full review and what to expect video on my channel;)

Skip to 9:57 for my final thoughts.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143