DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji care refresh, insurance carrier

Mr Tic tac

Reactions
Can someone explain me what is DJI care refresh and insurance carrier?
And can someone tell me if I can have one of those license if I buy it in a external shop like amazon, or digitec?

And can someone tell me if I can have one of those license if I buy it in a external shop like amazon, or digitec?

It's like Apple care + you need to buy it in addition to he cost of the drone. Go to DJI website. It's $99. For each repair it's an additional fee it it's a deal compared to full cost.

Allan

Also:
DJI Care Refresh can be purchased for any camera that has not been activated or has been activated for less than 48 hours
Might be too late if you've already used your Mavic for more than 2 days

Yes, you can buy it until you bought it to an official retailer, which I think that Amazon is.

Or you could take out drone insurance, cheap yearly rate, no deductible and 100% replacement if lost or stolen or damaged beyond repair. State Farm is who I'm with.

Reactions: Slantnose79
Or you could take out drone insurance, cheap yearly rate, no deductible and 100% replacement if lost or stolen or damaged beyond repair. State Farm is who I'm with.
Some info I got from my st farm office in (arizona) on coverage for one year. Cost is 60.00. Full replacement. Damage or flyaway, doesn't matter,they cover it. But. If you file a claim in first year, they then cancel the policy. That cancellation stays in effect for three years. If you go past first year with no claims, then make a claim, they don't cancel the policy. So here's the plan. Buy both. If you have a problem in the first year, turn it in to dji. Leave your State Farm alone. After that first year your dji runs out,then you have a good policy from State Farm to work from that will be good for several years. Maybe someone else has additional info? In reality,probably won't matter because by then you'll be on mav 2 or 3 !!

Reactions: VMImaging
Just wanted to chime in on this thread...

For liability insurance, my company Verifly offers on-demand liability insurance via a mobile app. Automatic approvals and takes about 30 seconds to set up. $1m of cover starting at $10 / hour.

Liability would cover damage to third parties (ie if you crash into someone else and injure them or damage a building / car / powerline etc.).

www.verifly.com

Check out the DJI Care Refresh FAQ here.

DJI Care Refresh can still be activated after 48 hours. See more details about that here.

Thank god for that! - I got my MP from a friend that purchased via Apple, and I've been flying for a week - and was waiting to get paid before activating Care Refresh.
Bit of a PITA to make that video, but I'll take it!

It's on the DJI website!! Google is great.

Fly safe... :)

I also got a policy through State Farm, it was only $36 per year, which covers the entire Mavic Combo Package. The biggest difference is that it works like any other Personal Articles Policy, if the insured item is lost, stolen, crashes, etc it's covered 100% e.g. if it crashes in the ocean and you can't retrieve it, report it, turn in the claim, and get 100% reimbursed. I believe with the DJI Car Refresh coverage, you must produce and send in the crashed drone to DJI for coverage. A big difference if you've ever had a drone just "fly away".

From a repair standpoint, just return it drone to DJI, get a repair estimate and then submit it to State Farm for payment.

Check out the DJI Care Refresh FAQ here.

DJI Care Refresh can still be activated after 48 hours. See more details about that here.[/QUOTE

I purchased DJI Care online at the DJI Store WHEN I ordered my Fly More package. Do I still have to "activate" it the first time I set up my MP with my PHONE??
THANKS IN ADVANCE (it's coming tomorrow) !!

Yes but not as good as refresh

Yes but not as good as refresh
Refresh you get up to 2 replacements insurance will pay for 1 then they cancel policy it is better if not used first year second year you can have claim without cancellation

Reactions: Mr G
Even though your home insurance may cover the loss of your drone, it also makes a "black mark" on your coverage. And a few of these can increase the cost of your home insurance policy. My own home insurance has a $1,000 deductible that would be deducted from the drone loss. So check your deductible!
Perhaps better to have another company insure your drone so as not to interfere with your home policy?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna