DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

Mavic 57

Reactions
If my mavic decided to drop into the ocean due to my error, would I still be covered by Refresh, even though I could not provide the Mavic ? If the Mavic took a swim that was a fault would I be covered by warranty, again without being able to recover the Mavic ? Just need to know before I fly off shore. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

If my mavic decided to drop into the ocean due to my error, would I still be covered by Refresh, even though I could not provide the Mavic ?

As Proppilot has said, you must be able to provide a carcass to DJI in order for it to be Refreshed.

If the Mavic took a swim that was a fault would I be covered by warranty, again without being able to recover the Mavic ?

If you were at fault, no coverage. If it was a manufacturing defect that caused the crash, and you could provide data to DJI that it was not your fault, you might remotely be covered but it would be a battle with DJI to prove it.

Just need to know before I fly off shore.

My policy is KISS. Keep it simple. Before even thinking about flying offshore, get yourself some drone insurance that will cover total loss. If you are in the USA, there are a few companies such as State Farm that sells drone damage and loss insurance. If you are in the UK, Europe, or Australia there are also companies that provide drone loss coverage. Flying offshore, and out of range of being able to recover the drone is risky business, although many people do it. When I do it, I always keep in the back of my mind, "If it goes down, how long will it take me to get to where it is, and will it be possible to recover it?" This is my constant concern and I have both Refresh and State Farm.

I was told by st farm that if you file a claim in the first year, they would not renew the policy again for 3 years. I have both also. Check with an agent. 60.00 dollars is not a bad price to pay for some brain relief.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851