DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

Yes. DJI Care Refresh is available to customers from the US, Canada, EU countries, the UK, Australia, and Mainland China.

It doesn't matter where you buy your Mavic.

If you are new to multi rotors and the Mavic you may want to consider the Care Refresh insurance program.

With DJI Care Refresh, you will receive a prioritized replacement service in one year, for an additional charge, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two full replacements for your Mavic*. Greatly reducing the time it takes for you to get back in the air.
*The replacements will be in new or as-new condition in terms of performance and reliability.
For more details about the additional charge of replacements, please see our DJI Care Refresh purchase page.

Learn More: DJI Care Refresh - comprehensive warranty for your Mavic
Purchase Page: Buy DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro) | DJI Store

This is optional coverage in addition to your normal warranty. For some it could be a huge benefit for others an unnecessary expense.

The language is confusing:
"DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use."

As mentioned in this thread it seems DJI is covering only crashes resulting from quality issues. Does the DJI Care Refresh cover someone who just simply crashes the aircraft? No quality issue, simple pilot error?

"DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use."

As mentioned in this thread it seems DJI is covering only crashes resulting from quality issues. Does the DJI Care Refresh cover someone who just simply crashes the aircraft? No quality issue, simple pilot error?

DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your Mavic. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your aircraft, gimbal, or camera during normal use.

DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your Mavic. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your aircraft, gimbal, or camera during normal use.

This contradictory language is one of the reasons I decided not to get Care Refresh.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:

Shouldn't quality issues be covered by warranty?

I am sure they are .... this is more than likely poor wording.

Reactions: Ziggy
No It does not as it does not say that it ONLY does this, if you look at the page linked it also shows that it cover accidental damage.

This is what is listed at a high level ..

i1-71c8294c1e6ee7d3912fc71512b75dff.png

Operator Error
i2-a74fe86f48ba827c69c7dad908082eba.png

Signal Interference
i3-7723a5130dc4a5d5e9c94ad56421da7c.png

Collision
i4-87eda1627d67f4c2b17f3f444ac68373.png

Accident
i5-d4e090ff686dd769787c5d65eec2468c.png

Drop Damage

I WILL be taking out this cover ...

This contradictory language is one of the reasons I decided not to get Care Refresh.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Agree. Contradictory language describing a coverage policy is unacceptable. Wikipedia states $1B revenue for DJI in 2015. Pretty sure they have some competent lawyers and aren't just flippantly wording the policy language. To me, it sounds like they will probably cover operator error but this language would allow them to deny any crash that didn't result from a quality issue.

Reactions: Butterpuff 6
Seems like it's insurance that will provide a replacement in the event you have an accident. The other policy they offer provides repair services in the event of an accident. So to me the choice is simple if you have an accident do you want your AC repaired or replaced? How much is it worth to you? A new bird today is 1K. These things depreciate faster than cars because DJI releases a new version every year. I opt not to get the insurance banking on the idea that if I have a catastrophic failure I will upgrade rather than continue to invest in a platform that isn't current. Additionally, it is fairly inexpensive to replace a downs bird after the new versions are released.

How will this work if a buyer purchases a new in box item that has this ad on? Any issues with possible claims in the future?

IMHO it will be like any insurance claim, they will refuse the claim in the first instance, if you continue to make a noise then they will offer a figure for you to accept or decline.

I will take my chances and not purchase any insurance, or care plan.

I purchased the DJI Care Refresh when I purchased my Mavic from DJI.com. I never received a confirmation order email, or any emails regarding the Care Refresh program. Is that normal? I sent an email to [email protected], but they forwarded the email to the online orders email, so Im waiting on a response.

Bigger question though, when does the coverage start? If I purchased my Mavic in October and don't receive it until January/Feb, when does my 12mths start? Hopefully the answer is once I receive it, but I strongly doubt that will be the case.

r. I opt not to get the insurance banking on the idea that if I have a catastrophic failure I will upgrade rather than continue to invest in a platform that isn't current. Additionally, it is fairly inexpensive to replace a downs bird after the new versions are released.

well if you have a catastrophic failure in the first 3-6 months of release date, you have a minimum of 6 months before a new drone is announced...then another +2 months before you eventually receive it (provided you pre order on launch day)...

so if you are ok with staying an average of 6-7 months without drone, then it makes sense.

and regarding the "inexpensive side of replacing a bird after new version is released", it falls under the same logic as above : depends when that crash happens...i don't expect a MAVIC 2 to be announced anytime before july 2017...so i hope you will not crash soon...
-------

@FPVJunkie

same thing happened to me and i sent an email to [email protected] who handle CARE REFRESH and they answered quickly, very efficiently and they sent me the CARE REFRESH agreement i had not received previously by email.

Last edited:
Reactions: FPVJunkie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123