DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care Refresh

I'm currently living outside of the US with an APO address. I had to order my Mavic from a third party (Amazon) because DJI won't ship to an APO. If I were to purchase the care refresh and have an incident, or have a possible warranty inquiry, would I have issues dealing with DJI? I'm living in Korea and there is a DJI store in Seoul that has a repair center I believe. Would I be able to ship my drone to DJI or utilize the DJI store? I'm new to DJI and still waiting for my Mavic to ship so please forgive the ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I'm currently living outside of the US with an APO address. I had to order my Mavic from a third party (Amazon) because DJI won't ship to an APO. If I were to purchase the care refresh and have an incident, or have a possible warranty inquiry, would I have issues dealing with DJI? I'm living in Korea and there is a DJI store in Seoul that has a repair center I believe. Would I be able to ship my drone to DJI or utilize the DJI store? I'm new to DJI and still waiting for my Mavic to ship so please forgive the ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I would say yes you would. I'm currently going through issues where they say it's not international warranty. In my case I bought in Australia but need to send it off to get fixed and by the time I get it fixed I will be gone on my trip. They say they can't return it to Canada.

Sent from my SM-G900I using MavicPilots mobile app

Mine ran into a tree broke the gimbal and blades and i think a motor. The Carson center received it on the 9th and it looks like the repairs will be done by thursday the 17th or earlier and shipped back to me. I choose to let them repair it under the standard warranty free of charge and not use my refresh credits. Hope that helps
Curious, "ran into a tree"? on it's own or you ran it into a tree? Was it covered under warranty because the collision avoidance did not work?

well if you have a catastrophic failure in the first 3-6 months of release date, you have a minimum of 6 months before a new drone is announced...then another +2 months before you eventually receive it (provided you pre order on launch day)...

so if you are ok with staying an average of 6-7 months without drone, then it makes sense.

and regarding the "inexpensive side of replacing a bird after new version is released", it falls under the same logic as above : depends when that crash happens...i don't expect a MAVIC 2 to be announced anytime before july 2017...so i hope you will not crash soon...
-------

@FPVJunkie

same thing happened to me and i sent an email to [email protected] who handle CARE REFRESH and they answered quickly, very efficiently and they sent me the CARE REFRESH agreement i had not received previously by email.
I love the bird.
I did get it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I got my Mavic the day after thanksgiving, and was totally going to get care refresh. Next thing I know it is Sunday and I've missed my window of opportunity. 48 hours goes by really fast when you're eating lots of turkey. It is a terribly short period to be able to buy insurance. This is my first true interaction with DJI, and it has been a negative one, oh well.

I got my Mavic the day after thanksgiving, and was totally going to get care refresh. Next thing I know it is Sunday and I've missed my window of opportunity. 48 hours goes by really fast when you're eating lots of turkey. It is a terribly short period to be able to buy insurance. This is my first true interaction with DJI, and it has been a negative one, oh well.

Wait wait wait... you knew you had 48 hours and failed to meet the deadline. How is that a negative experience. You messed up not DJI

Reactions: Colin
Wait wait wait... you knew you had 48 hours and failed to meet the deadline. How is that a negative experience. You messed up not DJI

Well, I technically "received notification" in the form of a blue card that had words on it that were almost a millimeter high. I didn't "know" I only had 48 hours from activation to purchase the DJI Care Refresh product until I actually tried to purchase the DJI Care Refresh product and they said they didn't want to sell me said product since I was way too slow (by about 3 hours).

I shouldn't have spent so much time reading the manual and the regulations and figuring out how to provide notification to the 6 'airports' around me so I could fly the thing 3 feet off the ground, and should have focused more on the fact that DJI didn't really want me to purchase DJI Care Refresh unless I was super quick to decide and act.

In my personal opinion, their wait time should be slightly longer. So, yes, for me, personally, it was a negative experience. When I ordered, and paid, for my Mavic, they said I would receive it by the end of October. If they're late by 24 days, why can't I purchase a simple protection plan within 72 hours instead of 48?

Well, I technically "received notification" in the form of a blue card that had words on it that were almost a millimeter high. I didn't "know" I only had 48 hours from activation to purchase the DJI Care Refresh product until I actually tried to purchase the DJI Care Refresh product and they said they didn't want to sell me said product since I was way too slow (by about 3 hours).

I shouldn't have spent so much time reading the manual and the regulations and figuring out how to provide notification to the 6 'airports' around me so I could fly the thing 3 feet off the ground, and should have focused more on the fact that DJI didn't really want me to purchase DJI Care Refresh unless I was super quick to decide and act.

In my personal opinion, their wait time should be slightly longer. So, yes, for me, personally, it was a negative experience. When I ordered, and paid, for my Mavic, they said I would receive it by the end of October. If they're late by 24 days, why can't I purchase a simple protection plan within 72 hours instead of 48?
But what about people who have missed the 72 hour window? Why not make it 84 hours? But what if people miss that as well....****, better make it 168 hours. Actaully, people can miss that, might as well make it a year or 10 years after purchase to be eligible to buy the DJI Care Refresh.

is the 48 hours started when you receive the drone? or when you first power it on? Debating selling my mavic when it arrives, but if it doesnt sell i will just keep it and would want to get the refresh for it.

is the 48 hours started when you receive the drone? or when you first power it on? Debating selling my mavic when it arrives, but if it doesnt sell i will just keep it and would want to get the refresh for it.
It starts 48 hours after the first connection/registration of your mavic. Dji has no way of knowing when you actually received the drone until its first connected

Thanks, but this didn't quite answer my question. Can I purchase the aircraft in the US, then register and purchase Australian DJI Care?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using MavicPilots mobile app

From DJI FAQs on DJI Care Refresh Page: "No. At the moment, DJI Care Refresh does not support international coverage. For example, if you purchased your DJI Care Refresh in the US, you can only replace your product at an official US service center."

And another: "5、What’s the difference between DJI Care Refresh and a DJI product warranty? Will a DJI product warranty be invalid without purchasing DJI Care Refresh?

A product warranty is a guarantee of repair service provided by a manufacturer if any product defects are found. DJI Care Refresh provides replacement service if damage resulting from quality issues occurs to the aircraft, propellers, or battery during normal use. You can still enjoy DJI’s standard product warranty without buying DJI Care Refresh, but DJI Care Refresh can greatly reduce service costs. Furthermore, if the repair costs are covered by the standard product warranty, the remaining Replacement balance on your DJI Care Refresh will not be affected."

Thanks, but this didn't quite answer my question. Can I purchase the aircraft in the US, then register and purchase Australian DJI Care?

I think you need to be careful about buying R/C devices internationally. Many countries have wildly different radio frequency bands reserved for unlicensed use, and/or limitations on transmitting power. I don't know if Australia and USA have equivalent bands and power limits. Products sold in one country may be illegal to operate in another country due to those differences. Customs or your home authority might spot the discrepancy and cost you a major headache.

Reactions: Tomdog
The mavic adjusts its power etc based on its gps location i believe . ...

If you did recover it then our Service Center could view the Flight Data Log for that flight. If it were a system failure, not user error, it would be covered under warranty. Like I said it may not be for everyone.
If the Service Center is able to view my Flight Data Log, how come they can't do the same thing to verify whether I had purchased the DJI Care Refresh prior to a mishap? I'm like a previous poster who received their Mavic Pro the day after Thanksgiving and was denied coverage because more than 48 hours had elapsed, even though I haven't had it out of the house yet or flown anything other than the flight simulator. As a newbie, I've been reading about things that are of concern me (RTH profiles, FAA rules, etc.). The included card with the "48" and micro-font was lost in the clutter. I understand why you would deny coverage to someone who crashes their drone and then tries to buy the Care Refresh after the fact. However, it seems like DJI has ability to differentiate between effective insurance date and time of mishap.

Hi. My MP it's on is way. I bought it through an Australian big resseller. Can I buy refresh care today through Dji Web site , And only activate it in few days when I get the aircraft.?
Or do I have to wait to have the aircraft before buying cover.?
I wouldn't lke to miss the 48h period because of public holliday or to much excitement.
Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato