DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Care - Water Damage now covered!

cool, now someone needs to make some neat floats so you can actually recover the mavic.

Already a few out there, but they are not that great yet. Will not be long though for some really decent solutions to become available.

Here's a good idea for recover in water. Light & small

Home
Looks like a good small solution but I am on the fence if I would rather have something that may try to keep the Mavic above or at least close to the surface of the water e.g. floats but these can be bulky, look funny and effect aerodynamics or something like the GetterBack which has its obvious advantage but also limits you to the depth of water of course.

Reactions: jointeffort
Looks like a good small solution but I am on the fence if I would rather have something that may try to keep the Mavic above or at least close to the surface of the water e.g. floats but these can be bulky, look funny and effect aerodynamics or something like the GetterBack which has its obvious advantage but also limits you to the depth of water of course.

One option I looked at = https://www.ebay.com/itm/232153339477 https://www.ebay.com/itm/232153339477

Looks like a low tech solution that would work from the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: chippie
I saw that one but it looks like they get in the way of some of the footage in certain circumstances. Hopefully something will be released that sits further back along the length of the Mavic to avoid this.

I saw that one but it looks like they get in the way of some of the footage in certain circumstances. Hopefully, something will be released that sits further back along the length of the Mavic to avoid this.
totally agree. but until then it's easy for me to have something working now. I can't wait to see other better solutions out there quickly and I don't think it'll take long to see them.

Can i purchase the DJI Care about 5 months after i purchased the Mavic? Will not be flying many times during the cold winter months here? I keep reading within 48 hours, but also think i read something about that it can be bought later on? But i didnt found it on the DJI website.

At the moment they are allowing you to purchase providing you give certain proof that it is functioning as new. No one knows if this will still be the case in 5 months time and tbh I doubt it very much. The thing is it only takes that one flight to put the bird out of action and after several you will most likely be comfortable with it and have no need for DJI care anyway.

My advice is get it as soon as you activate it or do not activate the Mavic until the weather improves when you will be flying more. Personally I would not risk it to see if I can buy DJI care in 5 months after activating the Mavic, that is not to say you still might be able to do so.

Thanks, so is this possibility to buy it later a new thing since you doubt it will be availible in a few months time? I have earlier experience with Phantom 2 and Inspire 1, dont know how different the Mavic is? Any idea if the majority of new Mavic owners with earlier DJI drone experience is buying the DJI care? Just curious if people think they need it or not?
As i have understand it has its limitations, its not like they exchange the drone without questions?

Did you try strapping the GetterBack to one of the arms? Or will it not clear the props/ground?

According to my state farm agent, if I lose my Mavic in water, it's covered and they cut me a check, no deductible, no waterlogged drone, just a check made out to moi(me)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun