DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI CrystalSky Prices Announced (Poll included)

Which one would you get?

• The 5.5"

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • The 7.85"

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • The Ultrabright 7.85"

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • No. Don't need one.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Nope. Too expensive

Votes: 24 43.6%

• Total voters
Looks like a Android operating system and you can not install 3rd party apps according to question 13 on the FAQ page. Kind of a buzz kill in that it wold be nice to be able to run Autopilot and Litchi on it. Both those apps do much more and have better features than the Go4 crash app. Also dose not look like they have a mount for the Mavic.

I'd LOVE a bright display, but an iPad mini4 will have to do. 8+ is simply way too much. And - I'm new to this so forgive me - isn't the Android OS somewhat slower than the IOS? It would be a double drag if you paid so much and got crappy performance! I'd be willing to pay 400 for the 7.8 Ultra though!

HDMI port should be INPUT (from HDMI out of my camcorder, for example) not an OUTPUT. It is after all, a monitor.

I'd like to get the 7.85, but I'm not enthused about using a separate mount. In regards to brightness, I had owned a P4P+ prior to my I2 and found not that much of a difference in regards to the brightness vs an iPad Mini4

Looks like a Android operating system and you can not install 3rd party apps according to question 13 on the FAQ page. Kind of a buzz kill in that it wold be nice to be able to run Autopilot and Litchi on it. Both those apps do much more and have better features than the Go4 crash app. Also dose not look like they have a mount for the Mavic.

Well if android programming then will have to skip it. Staying with iOS devices

Well keep in mind this Android OS is scaled down and custom by DJI, so it's likely tested against crashes.
"so it's likely tested against crashes"...this is DJI we're talking about, right? o_O

Their R&D department, unlike their CS department, has demonstrated that they're usually thorough in product quality.
Do you own a Spark? If so, have you attempted to use just WIFI and not the OTG cable?

No I do not own a spark. I wouldn’t need an inferior drone if I already own the Mavic.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying. DJI probably recruited some college engineering major interns when they designed the Spark, thus the fact that the "demonstrated product quality" is not up to DJI standards. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks...I saw this review earlier. Not sure how it addresses the "Their R&D department, unlike their CS department, has demonstrated that they're usually thorough in product quality." BTW, there is also a thread over on the DJI forum where a CS user has experienced multiple crashes.

I 100% agree that running a "scaled down" Android version on their (DJI) own proprietary device mitigates failure 10 fold. I owned a P4P+ before my I2 and had no issues at all with the built-in display, except for it being to small.

HDMI port should be INPUT (from HDMI out of my camcorder, for example) not an OUTPUT. It is after all, a monitor.

Not really, it is after all an Android tablet, and precious few of those have HDMI inputs, but...

... the good news is that DJI have said there will be an accessory option for CrystalSky that will enable both HDMI and SDI input and loop through...

No date or price on that yet...

Reactions: Pathogen
Well they are still working on a proper mount for the Mavic to mount the CS on.
True, they are still working on a proper mount and judging by the attached prototype pic the highly regarded DJI R&D department has a bit more work to do. Especially since everyone and their mother that have a jigsaw, 3D printer and half a brain have developed something far better than the prototype. I mean really? The freaking thing is mounted up-side down. Yeah I know the buttons on the side are meaningless.

Attachments

• thumb-IMG_0365.JPG
    thumb-IMG_0365.JPG
    6.1 KB · Views: 8
True, they are still working on a proper mount and judging by the attached prototype pic the highly regarded DJI R&D department has a bit more work to do. Especially since everyone and their mother that have a jigsaw, 3D printer and half a brain have developed something far better than the prototype. I mean really? The freaking thing is mounted up-side down. Yeah I know the buttons on the side are meaningless.
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA XD

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf