DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI EMAIL 1/5 ORDER TODAY- SHIP BEFORE 1/18

I received it.

Yes, everyone has who has an account.

Strange thing is that all of a sudden we have gone from couple of months to days.

Smell a rat somewhere.

Bet those who paid well over the odds are now sick !

Reactions: dewster

Strange thing is that all of a sudden we have gone from couple of months to days.

Smell a rat somewhere.

No, not a rat but good marketing and "I have to have it now mentality consumer". Soon the price will drop or some other give away will be offered or you will hear about MAVIC PRO 2. That's business. I cancelled my order when I asked myself "is it that important, can it wait"?

Not sure, as many people walked away due to lead time.

However I do agree that the price will drop and we will see them at the 500 range in time.

However I do agree that the price will drop and we will see them at the 500 range in time.

Not many did, my point, "have to have the latest and greatest now"! We are all guilty, for once in my life I stepped back LOL. Wonder how many feel the "fizz" is gone?

I think a lot did (loose the fizz) when the P4 pro was launched.

In a few months the P5 or mavic extreme will be announced.

PS: When all this was going on I suggested we all step back a bit wanting a big boy toy so badly, maybe production would then pickup? Boy did I get jumped on for calling it a toy. One guy said it was a tool, I think that is was what he told his wife? If you don't make money from using it, it's an expensive big boy toy, that's just me.

I think a lot did (loose the fizz) when the P4 pro was launched.

In a few months the P5 or mavic extreme will be announced.
Check out some of the stuff coming out of the CES 2017, very interesting.

An old saying... "Patience is a virtue"
If you believed DJI was honest and just dealing with a problem (which is common in any cutting edge program - been there) then this is the normal outcome.
If you believed DJI was up to no good then you can imagine all sorts of nasty things. But then why did you pre-order from them?
When you pre-order a cutting edge item you should know there is that risk.
A year ago I pre-ordered a SoloShot3 and the latest word is that they will deliver in March - a 15 month delay - and I missed a year of using it for drone videos. I don't like it but I knew there is always a risk and accept that they are doing their best. I know they are regretting it even more than I am.
Those who bought extra Mavics to sell at an inflated price (and caused everybody else's Mavics additional delay) also took a risk, just like the stock market. If it didn't work out they can't complain. Those that paid the inflated price must have felt that getting it a month or two early was worth the extra cost so they got what they wanted and can't complain.
I went through the wait for the Mavic and got mine about a month ago, but I am glad they have now caught up. It's better for all of us - spares, accessories, and future models.

An old saying... "Patience is a virtue"
If you believed DJI was honest and just dealing with a problem (which is common in any cutting edge program - been there) then this is the normal outcome.
If you believed DJI was up to no good then you can imagine all sorts of nasty things. But then why did you pre-order from them?
When you pre-order a cutting edge item you should know there is that risk.
A year ago I pre-ordered a SoloShot3 and the latest word is that they will deliver in March - a 15 month delay - and I missed a year of using it for drone videos. I don't like it but I knew there is always a risk and accept that they are doing their best. I know they are regretting it even more than I am.
Those who bought extra Mavics to sell at an inflated price (and caused everybody else's Mavics additional delay) also took a risk, just like the stock market. If it didn't work out they can't complain. Those that paid the inflated price must have felt that getting it a month or two early was worth the extra cost so they got what they wanted and can't complain.
I went through the wait for the Mavic and got mine about a month ago, but I am glad they have now caught up. It's better for all of us - spares, accessories, and future models.
I don't think they were up to no good, just good marketing and smart business. I think everyone in the future will hopefully be asked less money on pre orders, given more solid dates for shipping and considerable discounts for a company holding large sums of your money when they fail to deliver. I too pre-ordered a unit from Horizon waited 2 months per the description got the unit and charged only upon shipping. That's reasonable. Like I said before we are all of the "I have to have the latest and greatest now" mindset. Don't you think when MAVIC 2 is released buyers will act a bit different?

I didn't get a copy and I have an account, and I'm still waiting for mine to ship. Can someone copy / paste the email?

So the question is, should I cancel my order from Dec 14th and re-order, or is it going to speed up the process at all?

Wow i hope that means the mavic pro i ordered thru amazon 2 days ago will come soon. To me this is a sign they have caught up with production demands or are just about too and will guaranty it.

Please God let this mean i get my bird soon

I would be curious too...I didn't get that email and placed an order on Dec12? No email from DJI on status yet....

Smell a rat somewhere.

I've had an account for a few years and did not get any email from DJI. ?? Ordered on 12/27

Reactions: jerryflah
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98