DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI EMAIL 1/5 ORDER TODAY- SHIP BEFORE 1/18

Which email?
The email was only to specific people that were logged into their DJI account and were contemplating the Mavic (maybe had it in their cart but not purchased). Read the first post, the email says that if you purchased that day it would ship by 1/18.

Apparently a lot of people that have dji accounts got an email that referred to ordering a mavic and they would ship in something like 10 days. I've had an account for some time, but got no such email.
Yea i also have an account with dji and the only email I received was the one right after paid 1.3k for the combo pack saying payment confirmation and of course the money went thru but no shipping yet :(

I do think the process has gotten better based on all that I've read. I did not expect to see my order for 6 weeks based on what was going on at Christmas. I get it when it gets here!

I do think the process has gotten better based on all that I've read. I did not expect to see my order for 6 weeks based on what was going on at Christmas. I get it when it gets here!
Yea fingers crossed. Once I get that email that it's been shipped I'll be doing back flips like most of us on here

Order your taco filters now. They seem to be out of stock often.

ND filters for camera. Taco rc. Get the multi coated ones. Do some research before your package arrives.

Taco RC is one brand, there are several brands out there selling good filters now, Freewell and Polar Pro are 2 others. I think Taco Rc is the cheapest but Amazon is advertising the Polar Pro 6-pack for $79 now which is half price.

They also have sticker kits for the mp. I got a black and an orange but since I don't have anything to stick them to,I can't really say how good they are.

Taco RC is one brand, there are several brands out there selling good filters now, Freewell and Polar Pro are 2 others. I think Taco Rc is the cheapest but Amazon is advertising the Polar Pro 6-pack for $79 now which is half price.
Did I not read something about a clearance issue on those?

Did I not read something about a clearance issue on those?
On the first version, this week they release the "Cinema Series" which is the one Amazon has on sale and does not have the clearance issue. Supposedly better quality glass as well so $79 is a really good deal.

Not that I am trying to push you one way or the other, do some research and see which ones you think you will need. Drone photography frequently benefits from ND filters due to light outside is why you may want them. Really depends on your goals.

For me, it was a very smart marketing action and honestly speaking, I doubt they will ship it before Jan 18.
They realized how successful and profitable this product is and decided to increase their direct sales. It means no need to share any profit with the dealer network.
Again, a smart move!

For me, it was a very smart marketing action and honestly speaking, I doubt they will ship it before Jan 18.
They realized how successful and profitable this product is and decided to increase their direct sales. It means no need to share any profit with the dealer network.
Again, a smart move!

You couldn't be more wrong. As a profit decision, it seems to manipulate the supply and demand curve making it more in demand. However, falsely advertising and not communicating with the direct consumer is poor customer service and can effect their brand imaging long term.

In short, good short term and very bad long term.

Well i cancelled my Amazon pre order and successfully ordered a new mavic from dji direct in hopes of getting my mavic much sooner. Im so happy about this! Waiting for 4-6 weeks made my stomach hurt.

Also, i was able to buy the care plus package this way for added peace of mind/crash replacement discount...

I'll report back what day it really shows up. I hope its even sooner

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I ordered on Dec 28 and ordered another January 8. See which one ships first. When one is shipped I will cancel the other.

Interesting. So mine was ordered on 12/27 thru dji and I have no idea at all what to expect on time of delivery. You order 9 days later and bingo, your there!! Looks to me as solid proof that dji still has some bugs in several places in the system. Oh well, at least I got my taco filters today, wish I had something to hook them to.
I ordered on Dec 28 and nothing and January 9 and nothing yet. I accidently cancelled the 28th order but it was reinstated yesterday and support said I did not lose my place in line. I will cancel 2nd drone when first ships. One way to skin a cat.

When I ordered mine from DJI on 12/26. they processed the payment. So they have my money so why hurry? The need more people to order and pay in front. I have received no email with a shipping date.

When I ordered mine from DJI on 12/26. they processed the payment. So they have my money so why hurry? The need more people to order and pay in front. I have received no email with a shipping date.
Here is what happens. They process the payment to see if your card is good. They reduce your spending power but they dont actually take the money until they ship. Go to your card statement and I would bet the money is still there. I did order some extra parts and they took that money. $294.00 but that was on a different card and was not the Mavic itself. Let me know if you still have the money on your card. I bet they have not take it yet. Good luck

I dont have the spending power but the money has not been taken. I order Mavic pro on 12/28 and another on January 8. The money authorized on the 28th is still there and the one yesterday is authorized but not taken.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ