DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI EVENT ON APRIL 23RD, SPARK, P5, P4 ADVANCED OR VR GOGGLES?

mschwind200

Reactions
3c4762b0871a4cf09cf394a311a6ce3d.jpg

DJI seems to be hosting an event. Do you think any of the mentioned Products will be announced?

The first Mavics just starting rolling out about 6 months ago. I doubt we'll see any mention of a Mavic 2 for at least another 6 months.

Reactions: Rbruz and Soundtekk
DJI accidentally leaked their own P4A video on YouTube last week. From the video, you can see it has a P4P camera and the new P4P prop locks. Nothing else seems to be different on the exterior.

Reactions: Robbyg
I think those Spark videos are some kind of deliberate leak by DJI. Even if they are not I have to imagine that DJI is looking at the lack of interest and must be thinking they need to make changes.

I am going to bet the final version will look a lot different than the prototype version we have been seeing.

Folding Arms
Sleeker body without the blunt nose.
Weight under 250g with battery attached. I think the finished drone will be about 150g and not 190g
It has to be using the Mavic controller. Phone flying is never going to be popular.

If I was DJI the goal would be simple. A drone that falls within the unregulated legal area yet can go 120m or more high and fly for several KM on a single charge.

That would be a huge blow to all the legislative branches across the globe.

If DJI is just releasing another selfie drone then welcome to the world of Dobby 2.

Rob

Reactions: Rbruz
DJI accidentally leaked their own P4A video on YouTube last week. From the video, you can see it has a P4P camera and the new P4P prop locks. Nothing else seems to be different on the exterior.

Thanks.
Looking forward to seeing if it has any hidden features.

Rob

I never head or this. Is there anywhere I can watch this video?

You can see that video in this thread over at Phantom Pilots..

The Phantom 4 Advanced has been released. See more details about it here.

Weight under 250g with battery attached. I think the finished drone will be about 150g and not 190g
It has to be using the Mavic controller.

Rob

If it's total weight is under the 250g mark I'll be ordering as soon as pre-orders are available (as long as cost is reasonable).

I think those Spark videos are some kind of deliberate leak by DJI. Even if they are not I have to imagine that DJI is looking at the lack of interest and must be thinking they need to make changes.

I am going to bet the final version will look a lot different than the prototype version we have been seeing.

Folding Arms
Sleeker body without the blunt nose.
It has to be using the Mavic controller. Phone flying is never going to be popular.

If I was DJI the goal would be simple. A drone that falls within the unregulated legal area yet can go 120m or more high and fly for several KM on a single charge.

That would be a huge blow to all the legislative branches across the globe.

If DJI is just releasing another selfie drone then welcome to the world of Dobby 2.

Rob
Mark my words, they will just changes the laws to include something that will also ground this drone. Probably something that keeps prohibits drones less than 250g from flying more than 75 feet away from you or something stupid like that. I swear I recently read some place passing a law limiting drones with cameras no matter the weight.

Reactions: Soundtekk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom