DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV Goggles FCC compliant?

Capt Drone

Reactions
From what I am reading here, DJI as received or has applied for FCC certification of their new goggles? Why is this important? In a nutshell if the goggles are not FCC compliant in the US you legally need a HAM license to fly FPV. Most all equipment on the market today does not have FCC approval. Legally you need a HAM license to fly. Smart move on DJI's part.

Bet this thing is getting ready to release soon.

FCC ID SS3-G1S1612 DJI Goggles by SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD

Reactions: Chris23
From what I am reading here, DJI as received or has applied for FCC certification of their new goggles? Why is this important? In a nutshell if the goggles are not FCC compliant in the US you legally need a HAM license to fly FPV. Most all equipment on the market today does not have FCC approval. Legally you need a HAM license to fly. Smart move on DJI's part.

Bet this thing is getting ready to release soon.

FCC ID SS3-G1S1612 DJI Goggles by SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD

Yep but only the video transmitters are what need the license . I wonder how all these new drones with video are getting around that ,hmmmm

The Gov't should just get out of all of this. They got their $5.00 drone registration so they can assess blame if we hit something or crash and cause damage.... now go away. Go WIN a war or something.

Reactions: SteveNunez
The Gov't should just get out of all of this. They got their $5.00 drone registration so they can assess blame if we hit something or crash and cause damage.... now go away. Go WIN a war or something.
Why? The world doesn't revolve around wars, besides, the only way to win a war is to never start one.
Regulations keep in check corporations, whose sole function is generating profits regardless of consequences.
Sure, some regulations burden average people a bit, but it's a small price to pay for much greater benefits, such as keeping your WIFI working, your drinking water clean, your town free of earthquakes caused by fracking, your medicines safe and effective etc. Would you like to have high energy radio towers, fracking wells, or Monsanto plants built all around your house for the profits of corporations that you do not own?
The "freedom" that Republicans and Libertarians keep pretending to fight for is freedom for corporations, not you. Otherwise they wouldn't be cozy with private prisons, that literally profit from taking away people's freedom. They would have introduced bills to abolish all prisons, but in fact, they are trying very hard to criminalize average people they don't like.
The world is not black and white. The government shouldn't overreach, and it shouldn't "just get out of all of this" either. Without government, corporations rule without accountability or recourse. At least you can elect or impeach government officials. You can also protest and yell at them at town halls to keep them in check. How do you plan to make sure corporate board directors, who you don't even know exist, work for you? You have no power over corporations. Just remember that.

Reactions: mfarris2
All wars aside I posted this image in another thread but in case you missed it:

upload_2017-3-5_15-49-42.png

4 Antennas operating 1 at a time. 4-way diversity? 360 degree coverage? 2 x 2.4ghz and 2 x 5.8ghz?

I'll dig through the specs further to see if I can find more hints...

upload_2017-3-5_16-7-56.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos