DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 becomes unresponsive with Android Nugout on Nexus 6p.

pscott

Reactions
DJI Go 4 keeps freezing and I have to reboot my Nexus 6p. Has anyone had that issue?

I'm not sure if it's related to running the latest Android Nougat but it's made flying miserable.

The other issue is the screen rotate option consistently causes the app to crash. Locking it in portrait mode seem to avoid that issue.

How can I facilitate a solution?
Paul

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Good Morning pscott,
Nougat is having trouble across the board. I hope they are working on a fix.
Regards,
-d.

I'm seeing the same freezing issue on my Nexus 6p (7.1.2 beta).

Hope this gets resolved soon...

I just updated my S7 edge to 7.0 Nugat. I have not tried flying yet though, its cold outisde. Anyone else with an S7 or S6 ?

I have the 7 edge and I have noticed sporadic video changes while I'm flying but they seem to correct themselves but they are a nuisance

pscott - Have you tried putting your phone in Airplane Mode, and shutting down all background apps?

I use an S7, have it in Airplane mode, apps closed. It seems to disconnect from the GoApp once a flight. I just reopen the app, and all is good. The only issue I seem to have, is that it only records video, to my phone, for about 3 minutes. I record the entire time, and it shows up on the SD card, just not on the phone. I do hit record when the app crashes, and verify it is in fact recording.

i fly today on S7 edge Android 7 nugat and it all worked fine.

I have tried on Sony Xperia XZ running 7.0 and there the GO4 app also tends to freeze after few minutes of flight, most times requiring a reboot of the phone.
Fyling with my Nexus 6 running 7.1 the GO4 app will usually crash after few minutes of flight, but can be restarted without need for rebooting.
Both phones work without problems with the Litchi app.
My Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9,7" running 6.0 works with both apps, no problems.

My S7 edge with nougat and firmware .400 loses connection after about 6 or 7 mins (go 4 app, Litchi not tested).
Controller still works though, but no video or map update.
It happened at 3 flights always after approximately the same time.
Went back to android 6.0.1 yesterday, but didn't try since then.

S7 Edge here and Nougat. Dji Go 4 freezes and video lags a big time....had to but Marshmallow back. Hope somebody fix this Nougat issue!!!

I updated to the latest and greatest Nougat 7.1.2 yesterday and no change. The app still freezes and locks up my Nexus 6p. I even had the screen rotate disabled and the device in airplane mode.

I don't have issues with any other apps and the phone seems fine otherwise. Anyone else have a suggestion?

Ok...:( I starting to think that i have to change the phone...maybe iphone...i aint ios guy...android is my thing but i have bought 1000e machine so if that is what it takes it to work so i do it and buy iphone....

Jeah!! Today came update to Mavic and Dji Go 4 and S7 Edge lag and studders are gone!!!!!

Be cautious with your happyness.

Had some test flights with .600 firmware and GO 4.0.6 app running on my Sony Xperia XZ with Android 7.0 today. All ok so far on Mavic side, but after about 10 minutes in air the GO app again displayed big artefacts and few seconds later has frozen the whole phone with an only half-painted screen content. I was not even able to kill the app or power off the phone. Had to do a very cold restart. So the most important feature is still not addressed in 4.0.6, the missing Android 7.x compatibility leading to crashes and freezes...

DJI Go 4 keeps freezing and I have to reboot my Nexus 6p. Has anyone had that issue?

I'm not sure if it's related to running the latest Android Nougat but it's made flying miserable.

The other issue is the screen rotate option consistently causes the app to crash. Locking it in portrait mode seem to avoid that issue.

How can I facilitate a solution?
Paul

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app
I have used by LG phone and then my Samsung Galaxy Tab and had continuous problems - even video that was mostly noise. (Search "mavic now useless" for more details) I borrowed an Iphone 6 today and used it with my controller instead of my Samsung Galaxy, and had no transmission/communication problems at all. Only a radio interference warning for some reason before I took off and it went away within seconds. Also it said calibrate compass on start-up and that failed twice due to magnetic interference. Moved further from the RC and it calibrated.Using 4.07 app and the .400 firmware. During 15 minute flight up to 85 meters and a couple RTH and a POI there was no GPS lost, no bad video transmission, no compass errors no disconnect, no app crash. So it looks like all my problems were due to the Android tablet and not the Mavic UAS!! I am buying an ipad mini 4 tonight.

Be cautious with your happyness.

Had some test flights with .600 firmware and GO 4.0.6 app running on my Sony Xperia XZ with Android 7.0 today. All ok so far on Mavic side, but after about 10 minutes in air the GO app again displayed big artefacts and few seconds later has frozen the whole phone with an only half-painted screen content. I was not even able to kill the app or power off the phone. Had to do a very cold restart. So the most important feature is still not addressed in 4.0.6, the missing Android 7.x compatibility leading to crashes and freezes...
Have you shut all the unnecessary apps down? I used to have this issue with my Nvidia Shield and had to use airplane mode; now with this final release everything is working smoothly. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DJI GO 4?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007