DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 Causing Loss of Internet

mobalized

Reactions
Hi all,

First 24 hours with the Mavic and I've had more problems with the app than I know what to do with. The main issue that's bothering me isn't the app stopping it is that the app appears to cause my wifi to stop working. I am using a Verizon Note 4 and when I install the app my wifi works fine connecting to webpages, youtube, facebook,etc however after 10 minutes or an hour (really random) it will stop allowing things to load. Chrome indicates a DNS issue and tells me I am offline. If I turn wifi off and go to mobile data no issues, if I connect to my VPN while it isn't working (and I'm on wifi) it will work for a few minutes and then drop again. If I uninstall the app all the issues go away... Reinstall it and a little while later no more wifi. Any thoughts?

That's the Occusync of the Mavic who causes that. Same happen to me. Don't worry too much.

That's the Occusync of the Mavic who causes that. Same happen to me. Don't worry too much.
When the phone isn't in the transmitter? I mean it literally happens all the time so the phone is pretty much unusable through wifi. So no checking email, watching youtube, or anything else on wifi. I either have to uninstall the app to regain wifi functionality or do everything on mobile data which isn't an option.

Careful with warranty and DJI and Litchi.
Is it a guaranteed void? I paid for Refresh so I don't really want to throw away money if something happens. But this is ridiculous to render my phone useless or have to uninstall and reinstall after and before flights.

Careful with warranty and DJI and Litchi.

Could you please elaborate this ?
Is this not supported ?
My problem with DJI app is basically the consistent crashes during flights using Android 7 Nougat phone.
Most flights I do I get 1 crash on the app losing the flight log. It´s very annoying.

Could you please elaborate this ?
Is this not supported ?
My problem with DJI app is basically the consistent crashes during flights using Android 7 Nougat phone.
Most flights I do I get 1 crash on the app losing the flight log. It´s very annoying.

I saw Litche and was interested in it, but since DJI was not involved with it, I asked about it to Support. Their reply "
With your concern, if in your last flight you are using a third party app and your unit crashed, you will need to send the unit to our facility for repair. But once the unit has been evaluated and there is no way to retrieve your flight record since you are using a third party app you will be charge for the repair for the unit since there are no basis to check your flight record to see if this is a pilot error or unit malfunction."
I have no idea if there are really no flight logs recorded by Litche, but I am assuming that DJI is not going to break a sweat trying to get 'em from someone else. So that is why I referenced the Warranty.

Hi all,

First 24 hours with the Mavic and I've had more problems with the app than I know what to do with. The main issue that's bothering me isn't the app stopping it is that the app appears to cause my wifi to stop working. I am using a Verizon Note 4 and when I install the app my wifi works fine connecting to webpages, youtube, facebook,etc however after 10 minutes or an hour (really random) it will stop allowing things to load. Chrome indicates a DNS issue and tells me I am offline. If I turn wifi off and go to mobile data no issues, if I connect to my VPN while it isn't working (and I'm on wifi) it will work for a few minutes and then drop again. If I uninstall the app all the issues go away... Reinstall it and a little while later no more wifi. Any thoughts?

Just A Note...I've noticed by reading this Forum that the majority of the DJI GO 4 problems come from Android Devices. Don't know why, but I'm glad I have an IOS device cuz I've never had issues. Hope it keeps up[emoji6]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS