DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji go 4 facebook live?

west1200us

Reactions
I just got my mavic all setup and I am excited to try it out tomorrow and really wanted to stream it live on FB but I went into the DJI Go 4 section for live streaming and it currently says its not available...does anyone know if the original DJI GO App works well with the Mavic and if it can live stream to FB currently?

I have just spoken to DJI, Facebook live is currently only supported via IOS and not Android, they have no information on if/when it will be developed or supported.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. The livestream function works well for me.

Did you select your livestream platform from the menus on the main flight screen?

Once you select a platform, you should be prompted for your user details and once the permissions are granted, you should be good to go.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: west1200us
I used it the other day and my only complaint was it was laggy. When I went back and watched the footage it skipped from section to section so as I was talking it was jumping around. Still pretty cool, but if I cant get good enough signal or cell service to stream it where I was I question being able to use it somewhere with nice views or distant from the city.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. The livestream function works well for me.

Did you select your livestream platform from the menus on the main flight screen?

Once you select a platform, you should be prompted for your user details and once the permissions are granted, you should be good to go.

are you using the Facbook Live though? from what I can see youtube live etc... works but DJI said FB didnt

are you using the Facbook Live though? from what I can see youtube live etc... works but DJI said FB didnt
I accessed the live stream via the 3 dots in the top right corner of your flight screen on your phone/tablet.
Select general settings (bottom of the screen - 3 dots again)
Scroll down
Select livestream platform.

Once I selected FB, I was prompted for my password and user name and asked to allow the app.

Once that's done you should be good.

There is also YouTube and 2 other options.

I tried to take a screenshot but it's disabled when in the app unfortunately.

Hope this helps

I did it with my p4 last week and it worked. Idk about the mavic. Only issue was pretty laggy.

I tried FB Live today with my Mavic with my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 (Android), but I received the same error "Not available". I tried YouTube and it prompted me for my Username/Password, but didn't give it a try.

Hope DJI fixes this, it would be fun to try out.

My son used his Iphone yesterday and it connected on live however, said it was working and never did broadcast on live. so it looks like the stories are correct only works on Apple not android

I am using the s7 edge and I am getting the "Livestreaming temporarily unavailable in DJI GO 4" when i click on the fb live option.

I used to have the original DJI GO, and FB live worked.

Any solutions?

Hi All; Am a bit confused by all the "worked for me" and "no it didn't 'cause" etc. Is there anyone who can tell us if it an Android issue, a make / model of phone issue or a DJI issue?? Once we know what the issue is, perhaps we can address it better and we all know the reason why/why not. Just like to clarify as I am trying to investigate several issues surrounding Android vs, IOS and FPV glasses etc - might save us all a bit of frustration if we have hard facts about versions, operating systems etc.. Thanks, appreciate the comments and input.

After posting above, I downloaded DJI GO 4, for my ipad, and FB live worked on the Ipad, while it would not load on the S7 Android.

The results of the FB live with the ipad was similar to my experience with the FB live with the s7 android and the original DJI GO app. It was "skippy". I ran a 20 minute FB life stream and it would skip several seconds of video every minute or so..

After posting above, I downloaded DJI GO 4, for my ipad, and FB live worked on the Ipad, while it would not load on the S7 Android.

The results of the FB live with the ipad was similar to my experience with the FB live with the s7 android and the original DJI GO app. It was "skippy". I ran a 20 minute FB life stream and it would skip several seconds of video every minute or so..
Thanks for that. So, it seems it is a DJI issue since it did work on previous Go apps!! Wonder if there is any way to put some pressure on them to solve this?? Glasses will be great (if they are affordable), but the FB live is an advertised feature!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580