DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 for Android updated to 4.0.1

davcenmt2

Reactions
I know this was updated for Iphone the other week, and not sure if posted for yet for android.

DJI GO 4 - Android Apps on Google Play

WHAT'S NEW
Added support for Inspire 2:
- Added support for PIP image transmission
- Added Spotlight Pro Mode
- Added Master and Slave coordination and broadcast mode
Mavic:
- Added Cinematic Mode for more stable video shooting
General:
- Improved user experience
- Improved user interface in Editor

I have Pixel XL and previous with 4.0.0 The app would constantly crash after the first load. It would require a data clear for it to launch again, but even after that it would still continue to crash eventually.

EDIT: I have about 4 flights in with the updated app+Pixel XL. I can say that, at least for me, the experience is much better than either version 3 app or version 4.0.0. I've had the app crash ~3 or 4 times, however it was always when I was trying to do something (land, start intelligent flight mode, etc). So far I havn't had any issues with crashing just in Normal flying. with the 4.0.0 app it would crash on launch, then crash during flight if i ever got it working. version 3 app would launch fine, but then crash every 3 min during flying.

When the updated app would occasionally crash I was able to launch back in and resume what I was doing without issue. I can't replicate any of my crashes like I could with previous 4.0.0 app. Hopefully everyone else's experience has been much better as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peut and Wacker2611
Nice! Just updated it and ill give it a shot in a bit. 4.0.0 was crashing on my Nexus 6p.

Here Maps not working over Wi Fi or working sporadically and not showing craft or remote location--Color settings are now some foreign names--no more Camera Calibration option in Camera Settings/settings option

And who knows what else!

Jack

icon-status-online.png

Last edited:
So I just did a quick test with my Mavic+Pixel XL. Initial thoughts are positive. I did a short ~10min flight and during the flight it didn't crash at all, or at least not until the very end when I was landing. I wasn't paying attention to the app, and it must have crashed.

I don't seem to have the issue of it crashing on launch any longer. Tomorrow I'll test Intelligent Flight modes which had also caused the app to crash before.
So far without the crash at launch the app is at least usable.

The auto focus is always on :/ it's kinda lame. I can't get it to stay put with touch to focus. If you toggle to manual then you can't center focus with a custom button. At least it's not crashing. I use a no note 4. I don't think I have seen any issues with any of the versions so far.

yup. it hunts for focus while you fly and film. its pretty awesome...

Is hunting good? I mean, assuming focus is good, wouldn't a hunt sequence as your filming add an unwanted effect?

More importantly, can anyone confirm that the map now follows the MP? I've yet to get the map to stay locked on the MP. I can center it, but the MP flies out of frame.

there doesn't seem to be any way to shut it off. If I switch to manual it looks like you have to manually focus with a slider

There has to be some kind of compromise between flying unfocused (accidentally) and constant auto-focus that is clearly obvious, and damaging to the scene being captured.

Well, my solution ( at least until this dogs breakfast is sorted out) is to use Go 3.0.1. Tap to focus back, google maps back, follow the craft back. Happy days (on android).

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost