DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 Remote controller signal icon

rusm

Reactions
Hello.
Is anybody know, which exact signal indicate remote controller signal icon in app?
I'm asking because I see strange behavior:

App icon start indicate weak signal at 100-300 in clear conditions, LOS, no building, etc.
I see app icon with no bars, blinking, but white color. But at this time I see good video, no warning message, AND signal icon in remote control indicate 5 bars all the time.

Please, help me understand what going on. Attached Healthydrones example.
hd2.jpg
healthydrones.jpg

That's a lot of signal errors! When the controller and HD icons blink (regardless of signal bars) it is an indicator that there is interference on the signal.

I've tried some tests by leaving the image transmission frequency panel open while flying. Unfortunately it makes the top bar with the indicators disappear. But when it is set on auto I have the most issues when it starts channel hopping trying to find a new frequency. Been reading up and will try manual selection once the weather clears up here.

As I understand, the HD icon showing video signal quality, and can be monitored in app options.

But I'm speaking about RC icon in app, on left side near HD icon. My HD icon and video looks OK. RC icon in app flashing, but signal icon in RC controller showing 5 bars.

So, I can't understand, which exact signal monitored by RC icon in app? And what does it mean if icon flashing, but white color?

Reactions: Naychurkal
i am curious of this also now, I have great signal, but once in awhile, the whole icon with the bars also blinks one time here and there. Is this normal? Looking at the log data, i do see a few minor senors errors, like 5.8, or 3.9. Everything is still in the green, but i assume when ever there are siganl error this icon on the Go4 apps flashes once or something like this? Anyone else here to clarify, as i want to start taking her out father, but wanted to be comfortable with what i am seeing is correct and somewhat normal?

I see a lot i mean a lot of people have this problem it makes me wonder if DJI have done this by default to stop people flying to far too high and too fast, there is a lot of modded firmware out there, is this a sneaky panic button they have decided to include in the apps to slow us, pilots, down and make us fly with caution it makes me wonder it seems too sudden for this to be happening

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu