DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 vs Litchi

RobG

Reactions
Hi folks. I am a real newbie to drones and the drone apps, even though I have owned a couple of drones for quite a while now (wish I had more time to play with them). But today I want to ask for advice and learn something about the apps used to fly the Mavic.

I have only used DJI Go 4 to this point. I have purchased the Litchi app because I have heard so much about it and want to be able to try it out. I also want it so I can get the ART color style back on the drone.

But basically I want to know this:

1. Does the DJI Go 4 app give you options that you won't have on the Litchi app?
2. If the Litchi app is so good, does anyone use only that app all the time?

You see what I'm getting at. I am trying to learn when do you really need to use the DJI Go 4 app and for what purposes do people want to use the Litchi app.

Thanks folks. I know this is a newbie question but it's definitely the best place to learn the things I want to learn about the Mavic and it's associated tools.

Regards,
Rob (San Francisco East Bay area - would love to meet someone else in my area)

Reactions: Clowed1
I use the DJI Go4 app for most everything. I use the Litchi app when I want to fly a mission, which I do a lot of when filming.

I'm not sure if it's my imagination or not but I do feel like I get better photo quality when using Litchi.

I use both. Go has Tripod mode - awesome. And Active Track. Litchi has waypoint mode (integrated with their hub website), Pano mode and a slightly nicer POI mode. No one app does it all.

Reactions: Bevylegs
You need to use Dji Go 4 for calibrations but otherwise Litchi or Go depending on which flight mode you want to use . I use Litchi almost exclusivly .

But there is a some security risks at litchi at the moment. If you fly a waipoint mission and the mavic suddenly looses the contact to the remote, it will continue the waypoint mission and will not fly to the homepoint right now. Supposedly the copter fies up until the battery is empty and then lands whereever. Who has had experience with it?

But there is a some security risks at litchi at the moment. If you fly a waipoint mission and the mavic suddenly looses the contact to the remote, it will continue the waypoint mission and will not fly to the homepoint right now. Supposedly the copter fies up until the battery is empty and then lands whereever. Who has had experience with it?

Litchi with the Mavic at least has always continued the waypoint mission if it loses contact with the controller . Some people actually like this as they can reach places not far away that otherwise would not allow them good signal . RTH should be set to return to launch point with enough altitude to clear any obstacles and not to just hover of course .

but flies the mavic back to home after finished the mission or do it hover or land?

I have issues now with connecting dji go 4 app to remote / camera and flying without camera framing it view. If i download litchi, will it solve it?

I have issues now with connecting dji go 4 app to remote / camera and flying without camera framing it view. If i download litchi, will it solve it?
No. I doubt it.

but flies the mavic back to home after finished the mission or do it hover or land?
You get to choose. Under mission settings you set Finish Action = None/Go Home/Land to tell the aircraft what to do on reaching the last waypoint of the mission (None = hover BTW).

During a waypoint mission, signal loss will result in the mission continuing until the final waypoint unless something else occurs to interrupt it. The firmware monitors home distance and will trigger a standard DJI Low battery RTH if it calculates this PNR point has been reached.

In regard to signal loss, For non mission manual flight modes, Litchi allows you set
Signal lost behavior for Manual Flight = Hover / Landing / RTH
This will have no effect on your missions though.

You can select what to do at the end, Hover, RTH or Land
Litchi with the Mavic at least has always continued the waypoint mission if it loses contact with the controller . Some people actually like this as they can reach places not far away that otherwise would not allow them good signal . RTH should be set to return to launch point with enough altitude to clear any obstacles and not to just hover of course .

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara