DJI Go 4 with Google Pixel - Looking stable so far.

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by Downunder, Nov 29, 2016 at 1:59 AM.

1. Downunder

Downunder Well-Known Member

I tried my Google Pixel when I first got my Mavic a few weeks back and it kept crashing as it is not a supported device. I switched over to my Samsung S5 which is supported but a little laggy.
    Downloaded the new DJI Go 4 app today and after 3 flights can confirm it's stable. It used to crash all the time with version 3.
    I've tested as many modes as I can.
    Not too sure if the issue with the Pixel crashing has been 'fixed' or the new version has removed the issues previously experienced.

2. davcenmt2

davcenmt2 Member

Do you have the Pixel or Pixel XL? I have the Pixel XL and so far neither DJI GO version 3 or 4 have been working very good with it. Version 3 will load up but crash ~5-10min or so. Version 4 seems to not crash as mutch, however It does crash everysingle time after the first launch; requiring me to clear the App Data. I also got version 4 to crash consistantly when trying to do POI orbit.

So far Litchi app has been 100% more stable than the DJI Go apps. I really hope they fix these crashes, cause I prefer dji go over litchi. would be really nice if I didn't have to use my old S5.

3. hiwese1

hiwese1 Member

My pixel xl is doing the same thing. I believe I will get a iPad mini or an Android tablet as I just am tired of the buggy response. I am already nervous about flying it, don't need all of these things adding up. I did download litchi so I may try that in the meantime.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

4. Downunder

Downunder Well-Known Member

Try disabling the video caching to the phone. I think that has an effect of stability. Since I turned mine of it's real good. I have the 128GB XL version for reference.

5. hiwese1

hiwese1 Member