DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4.xx - IOS are spoilt.

Mako79

Reactions
Just tested the GO 4 app with a mini ipad 2 and has saddened me that android's latest GO app is NOT on par with IOS.. BOOOOOO!!!!

Android (even though the dedicated P4Pro+ crystalsky screen is android) are robbed of a few functions on the latest GO 4 app. The missing functions as far as I know are:

No focus peaking.
DJI GO 4 - MSSING OPTIONS - NO PEAK FOCUS

No 1080p fpv streaming unless recording in 1080p or less. Thanks @Kilrah. Its there. The app will force you back to 1080p as default (the warning pop-up was ambiguous to me). Go back to the video options and select 2.7k.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=71948&pid=636204&fromuid=52949

Cant change EXP settings for sports mode. This can be done with IOS by simply clicking over to sports.

No cinematography gain adjustments.

What else is there that we don't know of. I hope the android version will soon catch up.

Last edited:
Why am I not surprised, DJI can't even fix basic issues with their android apps let alone add features.

2 of biggest issues is app crashes all the time and a huge battery drain issue when not even using the app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the flip side, the Android GO app records battery serial numbers to the flight log which show up when you sync your logs with Healthy Drones. The iOS version doesn't record battery serial numbers, so multiple batteries get amalgamated into to one "unknown" battery with serial number 000000 in your flight profile.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

This is one of the many things DJI needs to focus on. I don't wanna have to buy an ios device just for the sole purpose of running the GO 4 app.

To me, the saddest part, for a while at least was that the menus and basic functionality of many things was quite different. For instance, on Android, I believe you still have to have the Mavic turned on to access the camera settings. I don't think that's the case on iOS.

I'm using android and I don't have any of the cinema profiles in the camera settings . I don't use them but am concerned I'm not on latest firmware

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Android and iOS apps aren't released simultaneously and always chase each other, so at times one is "in front" and sometimes it's the other.
Sometimes being "in front" is desirable, and sometimes it isn't. For example the multiple EXP settings used to be there on android, but recently got removed and one can imagine they'll be removed on iOS too on the next update.

"No 1080p fpv streaming unless recording in 1080p or less" has nothing to do with the app, it's a system limitation - and you can actually shoot 2.7k, not only 1080.

"No 1080p fpv streaming unless recording in 1080p or less" has nothing to do with the app, it's a system limitation - and you can actually shoot 2.7k, not only 1080.

I'm a little confused..
To clarify:
On IOS you can set FPV to 1080p and still record 2.7K.
On Android if you set the FPV to 1080p, it forces 1080p recording only.

That's incorrect, you can choose 2.7k on android too in current versions and GO 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mako79
That's incorrect, you can choose 2.7k on android too in current versions and GO 4.
You are correct. I thought it forced 1080p only. The app was just resetting to disable the 4k component and hence defaulting the recording to 1080p. Silly warnings.
Now to correct it on the DJI forum..
Thanks again

DJI seems to work hard on keeping the apps up to date. Please remember that there are numerous iterations of both hardware and software on the non-iOS platform. I imagine it would be a nightmare to master 100% compatibility on every device with that much variance to try and code for.

DJI seems to work hard on keeping the apps up to date. Please remember that there are numerous iterations of both hardware and software on the non-iOS platform. I imagine it would be a nightmare to master 100% compatibility on every device with that much variance to try and code for.
Different hardware can't be to blame for some of the Android issues like the app constantly send data to a server when app is has not been used for days.

Also most flagship level phones have very similar hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just tested the GO 4 app with a mini ipad 2 and has saddened me that android's latest GO app is NOT on par with IOS.. BOOOOOO!!!!

Android (even though the dedicated P4Pro+ crystalsky screen is android) are robbed of a few functions on the latest GO 4 app. The missing functions as far as I know are:

No focus peaking.
DJI GO 4 - MSSING OPTIONS - NO PEAK FOCUS

No 1080p fpv streaming unless recording in 1080p or less. Thanks @Kilrah. Its there. The app will force you back to 1080p as default (the warning pop-up was ambiguous to me). Go back to the video options and select 2.7k.
Dji Mavic Pro 4k video help?

Cant change EXP settings for sports mode. This can be done with IOS by simply clicking over to sports.

No cinematography gain adjustments.

What else is there that we don't know of. I hope the android version will soon catch up.

On ios we lost the profiles for different gimbal settings, that is really a *********** in my opinion.

And on that matter, why isn't there a complete settings profiles that can be switch between? At least it should be possible to save / load settings profiles.
Then it would be peace of cake to restore settings after firmware update for instance.

But noooooo, let's take some useful setting away and by no means try to meet the end users demands.
I really don't like dji, but saddenly they're the only real Player on the market, if they would wipe their *** and spent 10% their ability to create fancy stuff in their customer service. They seem to give absolute none fucks after your money has arrived to China. Promises are just a regular farts from Chinese dragon *****.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000