DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO App crashing

csader

Reactions
Just flew my Mavic for the first time, sort of...

The DJI GO app kept crashing on my Nexus 6P.

I can't figure out why. Anyone have any ideas? (please, no "get an iphone" snark...)

delete the app and settings, reboot the phone, install app again.

OR

"get an iPhone" /s

Uh oh...mine arrived today and I have a Nexus 5X. Hopefully it isn't a common issue with Nexii.

Guys please stay on the OP's issue and nothing else . Thank-You

I'll try that.
Glad you think it's funny. I'm not super happy about spending a grand on this thing and not being able to use it.

The /s is for sarcasm.

Is your phone still vanilla, or have you rooted it or something else of the like? Doublecheck your OS version with DJI's support. I dont think it would have anything to do with the hardware itself - most of the time it is software related.

You didnt install the app from somewhere outside the official methods?

Yes, vanilla OS. OS is up-to-date.

Downloaded the app from Google Play.

Re-charging the Mavic and controller, I'll try the reboot/reinstall above and report back.

Reactions: mstampfli
Yes, vanilla OS. OS is up-to-date.

Downloaded the app from Google Play.

Re-charging the Mavic and controller, I'll try the reboot/reinstall above and report back.
Better friggin' work...

If you still get crashing, you might try using your regular charging cable in the USB port on the bottom of the remote just to rule out intermittent connection

After unistalling, rebooting, and re-installing the app, it seems to be working better.

However, it still crashed once on me when I tried to enable activetrack. Very disconcerting to have the app crash while the drone is 300ft in the air.

Charging again....I'll keep testing and see if it starts working better.

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
After unistalling, rebooting, and re-installing the app, it seems to be working better.

However, it still crashed once on me when I tried to enable activetrack. Very disconcerting to have the app crash while the drone is 300ft in the air.

300 feet AGL?

Is ActiveTrack able to ID and track a subject at that height?

Wow that isn't a predicament I would like to be in either if I was flying.. hope DJI address the app issue soon.

At least the remote control is still usable even without the app.

As mentioned earlier, update the app!

FYI, even with my P3A when the app crashes you don't have to worry that the drone is going to also crash. The controller is still controlling the drone. The app is providing you with additional input but all you need to do is start the app back up. Let go of the controls and the drone will just sit there in the air. If the drone loses control with the controller, it will return home. No need to worry.

If you google "DJI GO and Nexus 7 issues", there is a long string of threads going back through the P3's. It isnt the drone itself - the app connects to the remote only. The issue appears to be an Android and DJI Go issue. I realize this isnt what you would want to hear, but just remember what happened a few weeks back when the Android ver of the DJI GO app flat refused to work. It was "fixed" and released again, but it seems to just be a buggy version in comparison to iOS. No, not saying go get an iPhone, but it is a known trait the iOS version is more stable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike