DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go App on Galaxy S7 Edge crashes EVERY FLIGHT

kneeL

Reactions
Getting really annoyed at this. DJI Go app crashes mid-flight mid-recording basically just about EVERY TIME I fly. Everything else is fine and the bird remains in control, but it screws with my recording and is quite unsettling when the bird is out of sight.

Happened since several versions ago, I figured it'd get fixed with updates and what-not but never has gotten better.
ANyone else on Android had app-crashing issues (constantly) with DJI Go app? Any solutions out there?

Yeah. Similar here. I ordered tablet mount for my xperia z2 tablet and cant wait for it to arrive. Hope I will not have problems with it.

Many threads giving tips and advice with Android devices. my house is strictly Android, but never had any luck with mavic, I had to force myself to buy iPad, best decision for me and my mavic.

Dangit. So Chun you also needed the tablet adapter for the iPad, I assume

Which version of android is your S7 edge on? I'm still on Marshmallow on an international version of S7 and have had no crashes yet on DJI Go 4, v4.0.3, because I'm still running firmware .400... Nougat is known to give issues to some apps, possibly including the latest version of DJI Go 4...

I am running Nougat 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy S8 and have had the most up to date DJI GO 4 app crash on me pretty much every time I take the Mavic up.

So I bought a tablet mount and pinched the ipad mini 2 off the missus and never had an issue again.

Yes, Amazon, many styles and price range.
Dangit. So Chun you also needed the tablet adapter for the iPad, I assume
Depends.... with a big iPad you need an adapter. The iPad mini however fixes perfectly in the remote control clamps. It seems to fit even better than a phone!

Depends.... with a big iPad you need an adapter. The iPad mini however fixes perfectly in the remote control clamps. It seems to fit even better than a phone!

Oh.. wow i didn't realize the ipad mini fit without an adapter. I am on the latest Nougat, 7.0 I haven't updated to 7.0.1 for other reasons.

But honestly I had the issues with my DJI Go app even before the Nougat update. Just less frequent. Now its literally every time I fly

Try to clear the cache of the go app.

Otherwise, clear cache/data, uninstall and reinstall clean.

I had a bunch of disconnects and crashes with a Go4 update. Cache cleaning took care of it on my S8+.

I also had this other gimbal issue happen again, I remember seeing posts on it and I posted video before but it still happens.
While in-flight, gimbal takes a major spazz and usually drops (crookedly) then goes out of focus etc. Then flops around one more time until it might re-center again, almost like a re-initialize, mid-flight.

[Edit]: Gimbal issue hasn't happened since I switched to iOS.

Last edited:

Which iPad Mini fits in the clamps? My iPad mini 4 is 8" and does not fit in the clamps (except in portrait mode lol) . I really wish it did, as I need an adapter now. I am guessing you have an older iPad mini that may have been a bit smaller? Also my iPad mini 4 is Wi-fi only so wondering what issues that will cause. I am seeing complaints about not being able to get NFZ restriction unlocks to work on iPad with wi-fi (even when connected to internet) which is why I own several non-DJI drones as well.

I was using an iphone 7 the past two days with no issues, altho the videos don't showup on my phone like they did on my Android (thats not an issue tho) so hopefully with the tablet adapter this iPad mini is gonna be way better. Seems the Android issues will never be fixed as its been this way for me for at least a year

Hmmm - I've had mine crash too - thought it was me.
I have an 8" Samsung Tab tablet - where would you get a longer cable to connect?
It appears there's a lightning cable on the RC and then the micro USB on the tablet.
Any threads on this topic?

Yes there appear to be many threads about this, and I believe the tablet holders come with extended cable. But actually I believe you can use <any> USB-C to <whatever> cable to replace the ones they give you.

I also need a tablet holder or a cable in order to use my samsung tab or ipad mini 4 (both 8") so still gonna be stuck on the tiny phone screens still this weekend.

I am not sure how someone got a tablet to fit in the default Mavic controller grips, but it appears 8" is JUST too big, so I assume a 6" or 7" tablet might actually barely fit, with only a need for a longer cable.

Which iPad Mini fits in the clamps? My iPad mini 4 is 8" and does not fit in the clamps (except in portrait mode lol) . I really wish it did, as I need an adapter now. I am guessing you have an older iPad mini that may have been a bit smaller? Also my iPad mini 4 is Wi-fi only so wondering what issues that will cause.

It does fit. I have an iPad Mini 4 same as you. Expand the clamps to max and just push it in slowly but firmly. It only works if you have no protective case around your iPad. It fits snug and holds well: How-To: Setup iPad Mini with DJI Mavic Pro – Tech We Want
Wi-fi only is not a problem as long as you are not using a follow-remote mode as the iPad does not have a GPS. I have upgraded to the latest DJI Go 4 and the .800 firmware. Once installed I logged in with my account while on wifi. Since then my iPad has not been connected to wifi and I have done 10+ flights. So no connection needed to fly.

Super! didn't realize it fit in there like that and also didn't realize there was a USB type-A connector on the bottom to use, that changes everything. If DJI hadn't put that Type-A USB connector there we would have all been SOL trying to find USB-C to <whatever> cables

I know you can fly with no cellular (normally) but its an issue if you are doing pro flights that need NFZ exceptions. Won't be an issue for me currently

Last edited:
I had 100+ flights on 7edge and it only crashed once when i forgot to turn all the shift off on the phone and it went very hot. I normally go on device maintenance on the settings and it optimises the system close all apps im the background and check for other things i also use my phone in the power saving mode mid then i turn flight mode on and gps on

I have updated to new dji go app and mavic firmware and had 130 minutes of flight in last 6 days with zero issues on s7e.
App is still draining tbe batttery after being closed but during the flight - no problems.

Marshmallow works Nougat sucks, not just with DJI Go or DJI Go 4. The interface is horrible. Someone looked at it and said it is like the interface on an iPhone. Heaven forbid.

I have updated to new dji go app and mavic firmware and had 130 minutes of flight in last 6 days with zero issues on s7e.
App is still draining tbe batttery after being closed but during the flight - no problems.

i've noticed that the app Sucked dry my battery when the app is there, it is much better to open with the left button and close it
i'm running android 6.0.xxx and i haven' had any problems yet, haven't started recording since it is raining here, the problem is with the recording only?

I also wanted to know when the video recording crashes.... what should i do with the aircraft and bring it back?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143