DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go App on Galaxy S7 Edge crashes EVERY FLIGHT

I am running Nougat 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy S8 and have had the most up to date DJI GO 4 app crash on me pretty much every time I take the Mavic up.

So I bought a tablet mount and pinched the ipad mini 2 off the missus and never had an issue again.

i bought my drone on sunday, (dji official china store) and he told me that the drone didn't work with android 7.0, i think it is because of the app crash?

i bought my drone on sunday, (dji official china store) and he told me that the drone didn't work with android 7.0, i think it is because of the app crash?
I have the s7 gallaxy not the edge and have had no problems

On my S6 with Nougat on it the app crashes. I'm using the 4.1.0 version. It crashes not only during flight but even when not connected during replay of saved flights.

Luckily I own an iPad too which is for me the preferred device to use with my MP. Not even attached to the remote controller using a mount. Just keeping it on my thighs while sitting on a bench.

Honestly I only had the issue happen when recording, so will have to do some more testing there.

When it DOES crash, the video continues recording on the SD card and my phone -- but the app itself has to be restarted manually.

Nope the Mavic is fine when the app crashes, as long as your controller still has connectivity you can still control her

I have Nougat on S7E and it works without problems with new firmware and new dji app. I had problems only with previous version of dji app.

Mine crashed today on the second flight. I was recording in 4K and headed right for something I wanted to look at and the video went wonky after about 5 minutes then boom. I was like aw hell and pushed it up to 150 ft and the return home button. Managed to get it running right when it was overhead.
I had several "interesting" things happen that I'll put in another post.

Fazz: You should be fine on Nougat. While the app may crash sometimes, it technically still works on 7.0 otherwise and I had crashing issues on Android 6.X as well.

I've had DJI Go 4 app for a while now, can someone inform me what the "new DJI GO" app is vs. the "old" one?

Mine crashed today on the second flight. I was recording in 4K and headed right for something I wanted to look at and the video went wonky after about 5 minutes then boom. I was like aw **** and pushed it up to 150 ft and the return home button. Managed to get it running right when it was overhead.
I had several "interesting" things happen that I'll put in another post.
Do you use the new version of dji go app?

Latest everything

Depends.... with a big iPad you need an adapter. The iPad mini however fixes perfectly in the remote control clamps. It seems to fit even better than a phone!
I have an ipad mini,i cant fit the **** thing on it,unless im doing something wrong!

I have an ipad mini,i cant fit the **** thing on it,unless im doing something wrong!

Yup, just stretch out the grippers as far as they can go, and when you try to slide in the ipad mini 4.... just start to slowly- carefully force it in. It will eventually slide right in there.

Read back through the first page of this thread - I had the same issue and tmoerel posted this video which might help you too
How-To: Setup iPad Mini with DJI Mavic Pro – Tech We Want

Last edited:
Try to clear the cache of the go app.

Otherwise, clear cache/data, uninstall and reinstall clean.

I had a bunch of disconnects and crashes with a Go4 update. Cache cleaning took care of it on my S8+.
Didn't work for me. It seemed better then died with the drone 400 ft up. Bit unnerving till I had the drone in sight again. I'm trying Litchi to see if it works.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98