DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go app Version retention

Nelyel

Reactions
Hello Everyone,
Long time iPhone user here. I've been looking around the forums for some more information on retaining your current firmware/ DJI Go versions due to the new DJI announcement last week.

I know there are plenty of threads around regarding keeping your firmware at .400 and leaving you Go App as is, but the reality is; that sometimes we need to get new phones from time to time.

Seeing as how the Appstore on iOS does not allow you to install previous versions of an app without a jailbreak and the original .ipa file of that version, what happens if iPhone users need to reinstall the older versions of the Go 4 app? I haven't been able to find any threads regarding downgrading the app.

Let me know if I am wrong, thanks!

There are a number of websites that upload previous versions of Android apps (like APKmirror.com), I wouldn't be surprised if the same exists for iOS - are you guys even able to install apps from sources other than the App store though?

There are a number of websites that upload previous versions of Android apps (like APKmirror.com), I wouldn't be surprised if the same exists for iOS - are you guys even able to install apps from sources other than the App store though?

Not without a jailbreak. This is speciifcally blocked unless you're using a jailbreak mod like appsync. I'm sure you can find the API files(apple version of APKs), but installing them are a whole different matter. Fewer and fewer people are jailbreaking iOS devices since there's less reason to now.

(ios specific) An older thread, but is this still the case, no access to previous Go4 for ios? Those that are happy with using a previous version on ios, what are you doing to ensure you have it backed up so you aren't forced to update Go4 if something happens to your device or the app on it? Would iTunes backup allow reloading the Go4 app?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7