DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go? DJI Go4? DJI Assistant?

prowordsmith

Reactions
Okay, I am confused. I have a new Mavic Pro. Working on "ground school" right now as well as getting all the software/firmware/etc. set up. I am using an Acer 10.1 tablet that's an Android device.
Here's my problem: Do I need to have DJI Go or DJI Go4? Also, do I need DJI Assistant? What I've read lately is that Assistant isn't really needed because everything you can do through that app is doable with the Go app.
Help out an "old guy" here,please!

Do I need to have DJI Go or DJI Go4?
DJI GO 4

What I've read lately is that Assistant isn't really needed because everything you can do through that app is doable with the Go app.
You can use the DJI Assistant 2 app to download the internal DAT flight logs, update the flight logs to DJI, calibrate the sensors, install firmware, or run the simulator. If needed, you can download it from the Mavic downloads page.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Thanks for the response...BUT...I was asking if Assistant is necessary. Can't Go do the same things?
I ask because the Assistant app cannot be opened on my Acer Android pad. And as far as Go4 it concerned, it seems to me that it does NOT cover the Mavic Pro.
Sorry to be reiterating but my question was not really answered.
I do appreciate all help, however.

In DJI GO, you can also run the flight simulator and install firmware. The other items are only available in the DJI Assistant 2 app.

No. The DJI Assistant 2 app is only available for Windows and Mac computers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada