DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO or GO4 App?

Eyeinthesky33

Reactions
Just wondering on the general consensus on which app people are using with their Mavics. I heard about crashes as fly aways with the GO4, so was wondering what you guys have to say about the new app as I haven't received my Mavic yet but I don't want these issues. On iOS iPhone 7 Plus

As per the user guide DJI GO 4 is the default app for the mavic ..

I am using GO 4 and have not had any issues to report back im more concerned that DJI have switched to Here maps over google and the zoomed in detail is not as good as google maps to say the least.

Reactions: jointeffort
Been using GO4 daily since it came out with zero problems using iPad 4 mini iPhone 6 Plus. DJI states it's optimized for Mavic Pro, as well as P4 Pro and I2. No valid reason IMO to not go with it to start with. You'll likely be using it for the next year anyway.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Go4, as directed to do so in the manual . Haven't experienced any issues .

Eyeinthesky33 , I'd like to make a friendly suggestion to You. Go to the DJI Mavic support page to view the most up-to-date version of the User Manual & Quick Start Guide. Along with this forum , the OEM guides are an excellent resource. The included user info that comes with the Mavic is almost too small to be useful .
I printed out the manuals a month before I even ordered my Mavic.

Well I can say I still use the old Go app. It was the one that was available when I got my Mavic and I haven't seen a reason to change (I believe Go 4 came out a couple of weeks after I got my Mavic). In fact I have seen several reasons not to. The app has horrible reviews in the app store and it removes the Art profile which I use a lot. I am waiting a bit longer for Go 4 to become mature myself, unless I find a compelling reason to switch. A support person at DJI even agreed that I should continue using the original Go app for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: jointeffort
Same as Motley. Been using the original DJI app and only updated I believe once back in November. I flew pretty extensively while on a trip to Iceland middle of Novemebwr and didn't have any issues there. I just took it out today for the first time in a few weeks and everything still has worked normal with no issues. Interested to see if anyone has any other arguments as why to use DJI GO besides always using the latest firmware?

I'm using an Android s6 by the way. My friend received his mavic in late December and used his iPhone 6 and was unable to use the DJI GO because the image was distorted on his screen. That problem may have been solved now but he currently uses the original DJI app as well.

The Go 4 app crashes as soon as I open it on my Nexus 6P. It's impossible to use. I've been using the old Go app but that crashes every once in a while, too. At least it's usable. I would consider Litchi but have been scared from some of the reports on here.

I still use the original GO app. The GO 4 app is to buggy for me right now. It is really dependent upon what device you are running it on as some Android devices have issues with one app but not the other.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada