DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go v. DJI Go 4

kodiak1120

Reactions
I'm having major issues with the DJI Go 4 app. I get almost constant disconnects when using my current phone (Moto Pure X). I started using my old phone (Note 3), which seemed to work, but even that has started to disconnect, although much less frequently than the Moto. The last time I was flying out over the ocean with my Note 3, and the app lost signal completely. I still had the remote connection, but the app disconnected and possibly froze. Luckily, I was able to fly it back line-of-sight, land and restart everything.

Anyway, the DJI Go 4 app has been nothing but problems for me. Is there any risk in just going back to the original DJI Go app? Is the Mavic still officially supported?

Thanks.

Hi Kodiak, there are quite a few posts on the board about this topic. Bottom line is that DJI Go 4 is the 'official' app for the Mavic however many here are successfully running the Go app. Mavic is officially not supported in the Go app however it seems like it works.

I'm having the same issues with Go 4 on my Moto Z Play. Also very jittery sent back to my phone when in flight which unfortunately shows up in the actual recording as well!

Same here with Go 4 and just using regular Go app . Maybe next update will fix it .

Thanks everyone... I'll go back to the original Go App. Does anyone know if the map follows again? When I stopped using it, the original DJI Go app would not follow the craft. I'm hoping they fixed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser