DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji go4 app and auto focus

TOUGHasNAILS

Reactions
Hello Eveyone,

I too got hit with the wonderful timing of DJI's app update. I was out planning to film some live action shot and BAM, You need wifi!

So the real problem is that the new app make the mavic AF multiple times while flying and without me tapping the screen or hitting the button. Is there a way to remove that? It's killed a few of my scenic pans already.

Thanks for the help.

the real problem is that the new app make the mavic AF multiple times while flying and without me tapping the screen or hitting the button. Is there a way to remove that?
Disable the "Enable AFC Mode" setting in the following section of DJI GO:

DJI-GO-Enable-AFC-Mode.jpg

Disable the "Enable AFC Mode" setting in the following section of DJI GO:

View attachment 9331

So I am having the same issue with AF while recording. I set AFC off as suggested but the problem remains. I have AF assigned to one of the buttons on the controller and that does work. But the AF box stays on the screen no matter how I set AFC and if the scene changes AF is automatically triggered in the middle of flying.

I have been setting focus with the AF button and then switching to manual focus. But now there's the large slider on the screen the entire time.

It seems like my last flight with AFC switched off the box went off the screen after a few seconds after pushing the AF button on the controller. Now, on my next flight after restarting everything, it's back to being triggered automatically in flight. BEEP. ruined shot. and the green box remains on screen.I checked and it's still switched off in AFC. Just can't figure the logic here. There must be a combinations of things that turns off the auto triggered AF.

DB

It seems like my last flight with AFC switched off the box went off the screen after a few seconds after pushing the AF button on the controller. Now, on my next flight after restarting everything, it's back to being triggered automatically in flight. BEEP. ruined shot. and the green box remains on screen.I checked and it's still switched off in AFC. Just can't figure the logic here. There must be a combinations of things that turns off the auto triggered AF.
Just a wild thought, I don't even know the complete list of functions that can be assigned to the buttons, so I'm just tossing this out.

If there is an AFC enable/disable setting, is it possible you have the button set to that instead of center/focus? Probably not, but worth looking at.

Just a wild thought, I don't even know the complete list of functions that can be assigned to the buttons, so I'm just tossing this out.

If there is an AFC enable/disable setting, is it possible you have the button set to that instead of center/focus? Probably not, but worth looking at.

Good thought need to check, but it does do that slight bump in beep when I push it. Need to figure out how to stay in the mode where the green box disappears after a few secs. That seemed to stop the random auto focus when the Mavic decided on it's own the scene changed enough to warrant auto focus in the middle of flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots