DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 App, Litchi or Autopilot

flimps

Reactions
I have recently purchased my Mavic Pro and used most of the DJI GO4 App. Have found that active track and follow me have some limitations.
Would litchi or Autopilot follow me or do active track more effectively?

Also are these two much different better than DJI app?

Thank you

Each App has its own strengths and weaknesses. Their functionality overlaps quite a bit but they each add unique features.

Their good point are:

DJI Go4
  • Detailed drone & camera settings
  • Firmware Updates
  • Flying logs and records
  • Keeps local low res copies of video and pictures on phone/tablet with local sound
  • Tripod Mode
  • Active Track
Litchi
  • Pre-planned waypoint flights on PC/Home computer without having to fly drone to each point
  • Orbit mode (Point of interest) using maps (again no need to fly over POI first)
  • Focus Mode (manually fly drone while camera points at fixed location)
  • Magic Leash - Drone follows another GPS device (e.g. another phone) independent of main controller
  • Built-in screen recording
Autopilot
  • Very powerful and complex waypoint missions
Hanger 360
  • Quick and easy 360 photos
No doubt others here can expand on this list

I asked DJI about warranty issues for the Refresh when using Litche. Their reply:"With your concern, if in your last flight you are using a third party app and your unit crashed, you will need to send the unit to our facility for repair. But once the unit has been evaluated and there is no way to retrieve your flight record since you are using a third party app you will be charge for the repair for the unit since there are no basis to check your flight record to see if this is a pilot error or unit malfunction.", implies that Litche does not provide enough details or DJI won't look at Litche logs for triage/blame. FYI.

Reactions: skystud1
I use dji go 4 editor.
If I use autopilot, would the film / photos be rocerded to the phone's cache?
Would i be able to use dji's editor as well?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus