DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go4 on iPhone Re Video and Pic storage

Robbyg

Reactions
I am just wondering why is it that the DJI Go4 App creates its own folders in "My Photos" on the iOS platform but then stores the video and pictures in it's own folder which so far I have found is only accessible using iTunes. I am wondering if something went wrong with my installation or is it the same on everyone's iDevice setup?

Rob

Yes same on my Ipad Mini 4. You can look at the pictures and video using the GO 4 app.

Thanks for the confirmation.
I really do not understand why DJI does not use the my pictures folder it created. It would make life so much easier because I could use any app to access and share them.

Rob

I think it does, BUT with an extra step to export from the GO app. Of course they want to "encourage" you to use the app's built-in functions...

I think it does, BUT with an extra step to export from the GO app. Of course they want to "encourage" you to use the app's built-in functions...

I believe if you go into the Editor it offers a "Save to Device" feature, which is crazy, because it's already on the device!

Nah it's "in the app" and you need to move it to the shared "device storage" before anything else can access it... Pretty standard paradigm on iOS's very strict data separation.

I'm trying to get used to IOS too. Android has always been my platform of choice. I was able to DL DJIGo videos from my home computer to my iPad mini4 but it put them in the TV APP/icon. It shows them in that library but I have NO WAY to get them into the IMovie library so I can edit them.???

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Thanks for the confirmation.
I really do not understand why DJI does not use the my pictures folder it created. It would make life so much easier because I could use any app to access and share them.

Rob

I think I may have figured this out but can't test it at the moment. When you mentioned the DJI GO app creating those folders I think there is a reason. When you go to Editor in the app and tap on one of your videos, a box appears near the bottom that says "Download Original". I think if you tap the message it might download the original video file from the sd card in the Mavic and put it in the DJI folder in the iPad Photos app. You would need to have everything connected and turned on so that the app can access the sd card in the Mavic. I can't test it because I have already downloaded my videos and formatted the card and then deleted the videos from the DJI GO app editor which I do to save storage space on the mini iPad.

Reactions: flykona
I think I may have figured this out but can't test it at the moment. When you mentioned the DJI GO app creating those folders I think there is a reason. When you go to Editor in the app and tap on one of your videos, a box appears near the bottom that says "Download Original". I think if you tap the message it might download the original video file from the sd card in the Mavic and put it in the DJI folder in the iPad Photos app. You would need to have everything connected and turned on so that the app can access the sd card in the Mavic. I can't test it because I have already downloaded my videos and formatted the card and then deleted the videos from the DJI GO app editor which I do to save storage space on the mini iPad.
Where you able to support this theory? I’m new to this and am struggling a bit to find a workflow to get video to iOS (iMovie) format. Any feedback is appreciated!

Hello. You can try to use 'Sync for DJI' app to share and store your files. This app allows download even 4K video on iPhone even in the background without losing any data and quality. I found this app for iOS ‎Sync for DJI on the App Store .

After a flight, I open this app, it automatically connects to my drone. I select images and video and tap on download or share button. The app works with Wi-Fi and connected RC. Also, I use it for my OSMO + too.

Hello. You can try to use 'Sync for DJI' app to share and store your files. This app allows download even 4K video on iPhone even in the background without losing any data and quality. I found this app for iOS ‎Sync for DJI on the App Store .

After a flight, I open this app, it automatically connects to my drone. I select images and video and tap on download or share button. The app works with Wi-Fi and connected RC. Also, I use it for my OSMO + too.

One of the reviews mentions watermarks / also a cost to get above 2.4k video transferred. Can you confirm? Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S