DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4- pretty bad battery issues

harmonix234

Reactions
Took mavic out at 100 batteries across the board for mavic RC and phone.

Set everything up.

Fly for about ten min when I get the notification my phone battery is low. Checked and it's 1 percent and phone dies completely and I still have control of drone.

Check after reboot of phone and I am at 80 percent.

Do this a few more time to test and sure enough it acts wonky when I have it connected to the RC.

I have an iPhone 6.

Anyone else have battery issues for mobile devices?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The GO apps (both 3 and 4) have indeed been "revealing" battery problems on numerous iPhones that hadn't been apparent with less depanding applications. Several threads about that.

No problems so far for me. DJI GO 4.0 on iPhone 7 with current version of iOS flying a Mavic with controller also with current firmware. Flew 3 fully charged Mavic batteries worth today and iPhone made it through. I might try out my old iPhone 6S plus tomorrow to see if it's a phone model issue.

I used to have an iPhone 6 (non S) that had battery discharge and shutdown issues, which I believe is a known somewhat widespread issue with the iPhone 6. Apple replaced that phone for me last year, so perhaps that might be the issue with yours rather than the GO app?

Turning off video caching seems to help with the battery life. I've gotten mine down to about 1% per minute on a 6S Plus that has over 400 cycles on the battery. Previously it was 3-4% per minute of flying.

Going to try to get the phone replaced actually, supposedly if you have AppleCare and your battery capacity is less than 80% of the original capacity then they will replace it for free (not related to the recent 6S battery issue, this is just part of AppleCare)

Going to try to get the phone replaced actually, supposedly if you have AppleCare and your battery capacity is less than 80% of the original capacity then they will replace it for free (not related to the recent 6S battery issue, this is just part of AppleCare)

Not going to happen!! Apple will run a diagnostic on your phone to see if it's consumed because of normal use... If that's the case you will have to pay for the battery replacement. If it turns out there's something wrong with the battery other than that, they will replace it for free... but there's no way you'll be getting a new phone.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Sorry missed the applecare bit... yes they will replace the battery for free when it's below 80%. But not the whole phone though.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

ill be talking to sprint and explaining the issues. seeing if i can get the battery replaced.

What was the temperature outside? There are known issues with iPhones when the temperature is cold. The battery will drain power in a matter of minutes. If you warm the phone back up it will show its original charge again. If the phone is in your pocket and warm you do not see the battery drain issue. But if you have it out and using it in the cold air it will seem to drain extremely fast.

What was the temperature outside? There are known issues with iPhones when the temperature is cold. The battery will drain power in a matter of minutes. If you warm the phone back up it will show its original charge again. If the phone is in your pocket and warm you do not see the battery drain issue. But if you have it out and using it in the cold air it will seem to drain extremely fast.
45 degrees in chicago.

not cold but not hot.
but that battery drop was ridiculous.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000