DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go4, Waypoints now fail to upload to aircraft (Mavic)...

Jcage

Reactions
Hard to isolate at what point this happened because there have been so many firmware updates, but sometime after May it seems that something is preventing the waypoint missions I create (or previous ones I have saved) from uploading to the Mavic. Using latest DJI GO4 on Droid Turbo2 and latest firmware on the Mavic.The intelligent flight mode lets you get into the waypoint function and even proceed to setting all of the waypoints like normal, however when done setting the waypoints and tap "apply" I immediately get an error telling me the "waypoint mission failed to upload to the aircraft." I tried over a few times. Landed, power cycled everything and tried again with no success. I also tried uploading a previously recorded waypoint mission from the same location and wouldn't upload that to the Mavic either. I tested some other I-flight modes like POI, etc. still work fine but the waypoint thing won't go. I wonder if anyone else has seen this issue.

JC

There appears to be an issue with the latest Android version of DJI GO. Check out this thread.

There appears to be an issue with the latest Android version of DJI GO. Check out this thread.

Thanks for the reply. I searched both forums but probably didn't get the hit on DJI Forum because thread author misspelled the title. I appreciate knowing its not specific to my setup but won't do an app rollback just to fix the waypoints so I'll wait for DJI to patch it. Sucks because I'm at a scenic location and would have liked to run that program.

Hard to isolate at what point this happened because there have been so many firmware updates, but sometime after May it seems that something is preventing the waypoint missions I create (or previous ones I have saved) from uploading to the Mavic. Using latest DJI GO4 on Droid Turbo2 and latest firmware on the Mavic.The intelligent flight mode lets you get into the waypoint function and even proceed to setting all of the waypoints like normal, however when done setting the waypoints and tap "apply" I immediately get an error telling me the "waypoint mission failed to upload to the aircraft." I tried over a few times. Landed, power cycled everything and tried again with no success. I also tried uploading a previously recorded waypoint mission from the same location and wouldn't upload that to the Mavic either. I tested some other I-flight modes like POI, etc. still work fine but the waypoint thing won't go. I wonder if anyone else has seen this issue.

JC

Yes JC I too am having this problem. I would love to use the Waypoint settings. I only got a Mavic a few weeks ago, also very new to android. I have looked at the threads re an earlier 4.1.0 version but i dont know how to get that older version onto my Samsung as the only version in the play store is the latest current version. all very frustrating.

Yes JC I too am having this problem. I would love to use the Waypoint settings. I only got a Mavic a few weeks ago, also very new to android. I have looked at the threads re an earlier 4.1.0 version but i dont know how to get that older version onto my Samsung as the only version in the play store is the latest current version. all very frustrating.
OK so here's the deal... The Mavic is a cool little drone but I've gotta break it to you that I have owned it since launch in October and since then it has been a cavalcade of annoyances. There have been glitchy little things that happen from that get-go and when one is resolved by firmware release or such, another tends to pop up. I have just accepted that I will either be spending a battery at a site I wished to fly updating or troubleshooting and accept the likelihood that something will not work right. The people on these forums are very helpful and knowledgeable but DJI support is crap and not helpful at all. They have overall great products with lots of potential but are full of little glitches and annoyances that will keep you from fully enjoying your drone 100% no matter what platform you are on (android or apple).

Hello all my colleagues
I used to live in Poland and bought my Mavic pro recently. Before I tried and learned all the flying modes, I made an update and when it came time waypoints it turned out that the points are ticking and when I want to send to my mavica I can not "mission was not sent to the plane"
Colleagues or someone found a solution
How to install an older version or help DJI Assistans?

Hello all my colleagues
I used to live in Poland and bought my Mavic pro recently. Before I tried and learned all the flying modes, I made an update and when it came time waypoints it turned out that the points are ticking and when I want to send to my mavica I can not "mission was not sent to the plane"
Colleagues or someone found a solution
How to install an older version or help DJI Assistans?
Yes, I believe version 4.0
But I'm not sure how to go back versions on an andriod, as the play store only had the current version 4.1.3 I think?

Thanks for the reply. I searched both forums but probably didn't get the hit on DJI Forum because thread author misspelled the title. I appreciate knowing its not specific to my setup but won't do an app rollback just to fix the waypoints so I'll wait for DJI to patch it. Sucks because I'm at a scenic location and would have liked to run that program.

Another firmware update and waypoints upload issue still not fixed. Anyone else still having the problem?

Thx
JC

What firmware version have you just updates?
1.03.09. pretty sure it's the latest. but the problem has existed since the previous .08 version. As mentioned above it is a known issue with that version so I was hoping it would have been fixed with .09. Mine still fails to upload the waypoints to aircraft. Thx JC

Ya man I'm having the same issue . I just got mine a weeks ago and all modes work but waypoints in the final 'apply' moment.
So sounds like a classic firmware update caused it...? Hopefully a new one will fix it as I don't want to backtrack updates.

I decided to go back to the older version (diego go 4.1.0) and Waypoints works and nothing happens. We will wait for a new upgrade. And how is it on apple and ios system? Maybe someone will say it

aye, they (DJI) got back to me, saying they are aware of the problem and will address it in the next update. Ive just downloaded Litche app, im thinking of dumping the Go4.

Yes, I've recently bought a Mavic and was out trying Waypoints today with DJI Go 4, and it was simply not working. I'm glad it's not just me, and I hope DJI will fix it soon. Though it appears that it's been extant over a month unfixed....

I haven't updated or flown in the past month. Does anyone know whether firmware in the past month have fixed the Waypoint issue?

Only two real solutions here in my opinion!
1) get a mac version ie, iOS!
2) get a third party app such as FPV Camera or Autopilot!
Problem solved!
I have no issues with either of my choices.

Other options aside, can anyone confirm DJI Go4 Android status r/e Waypoints working again with Mavic and latest firmware? I realize there are other apps and/or firmware regression options but it is also logical to believe that DJI will fix its Waypoint functions in its own app for the Mavic.

Thanks

JC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000