DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI goggle questions...toggle full screen via the controller? which view mode 720 1080 etc most used

theskyisthelimit99

Reactions
Is there a way to program a button on the remote to toggle full screen and back to data view? I realize you can do this via the "back" button on the goggles, but getting to that point is a little cumbersome.

The other question I had was on the mode of view.. 720p60 30 and 1080.. how often is everyone leaving it at 1080 mode vs the other two.. i am guessing maybe 720p60 is a set and forget it mode, but maybe 1080 works for medium distances and if so.. how far?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately haven't found any way to do the "2 fingers down swipe" from the remote buttons either. Everything else no prob, but it seems they missed that.

1080 works awesome even at distance (depending on environment) and falls back and forth extremely seamlessly to 720 when needed.
In 1080 mode you can't film 4K, so for me that's the deciding factor. I'm always in 1080 since it's noticeably nicer unless I need to record 4K.
IMO the high frame rate modes are pointless for the type of flying you can do with the Mavic.

Unfortunately haven't found any way to do the "2 fingers down swipe" from the remote buttons either. Everything else no prob, but it seems they missed that.

1080 works awesome even at distance (depending on environment) and falls back and forth extremely seamlessly to 720 when needed.
In 1080 mode you can't film 4K, so for me that's the deciding factor. I'm always in 1080 since it's noticeably nicer unless I need to record 4K.
IMO the high frame rate modes are pointless for the type of flying you can do with the Mavic.

Oh I hadnt realized it would drop back automatically.. nor did i realize if you set it to 1080 then 4k wont record onboard the mavic? thats kinda a bummer.. so far i have a total of maybe 30 mins flying time with the goggles, mostly just playing with the menus and getting used to that at very close range.. hoping to do more soon.

Thats weird that 1080 would lock out 4k, when you would think 720 would as well.

That limitation has been there from day one, 1080 downlink to phone would also lock out 4K. Guess the processing needed to encode a 1080 secondary stream next to the 4K recording exceeds the processing capabilities of the platform, since 720p needs only about 1/4th of 1080 it fits.

With the goggles if you want HD mode (1080) then it's 1080p30 recording and nothing else.

You need to press C1 and C2 together. I think that's what you were referring to.

Alan

Ooh it's something that I never tried, so most likely that's it, and a double press plus a click sounds convenient enough to enter FS mode. Thanks!

Had another brief 19 minute run with the goggles.. it was a good experience, though i think i forgot how to lock the touch pad (thought it was automatic)..

I still am not sure which mode "feels" best 720p60 or 1080p30 or "keep current" etc.. i think 720p60 but i'm still not sure and yeah that would limit the video recording to 1080p60 mode, so i guess flights would get divided up into just flying and recording 1080p60 for "backup" video and then toggling (i think the goggles need rebooted to go back to 4k? and doing 4k video for more cinematic use)

The other issue i had was if i took them off and wanted to use only the ipad .. id forget to go in and toggle the gimbal view mode.. so i'd have to put them back on, toggle it..

Also got to see a near flock of birds hit via the goggles.. quite a scare, missed by 10 foot.

From the previous post i just say that a press of C1+C2 should take you to the screen to pick full screen? Ill try this next time, thanks for the tip.

Oh the other question was on the small toggle stick on the remote.. how before it worked to look straight down.. now there is not that option.. how do you get around this if you arent using head tracking to look straight down?

(I also never figured out how to make it so it would move downward more slowly, a sensitivity thing i think).

You use the gimbal control wheel?

Gimbal straight/down is an instant toggle. You can access it through the "swipe 2 fingers down" menu that indeed maps to both C1 and C2 pressed together when the goggles are connected, tried yesterday.

You use the gimbal control wheel?

Gimbal straight/down is an instant toggle. You can access it through the "swipe 2 fingers down" menu that indeed maps to both C1 and C2 pressed together when the goggles are connected, tried yesterday.
Oh i thought you meant C1 + c2 was a way to get to the full screen option quicker? Your saying this can be used to "look" down when not in gimbal head tilt mode? Ill try it when the tropical monsoons stop around here again :)

No.
C1 + C2 bring up the menu you'd have when you swipe down on the touchpad with 2 fingers. That menu has several options, inclucing Fullscreen and the horizontal/vertical switch.

Oh I hadnt realized it would drop back automatically.. nor did i realize if you set it to 1080 then 4k wont record onboard the mavic? thats kinda a bummer.. so far i have a total of maybe 30 mins flying time with the goggles, mostly just playing with the menus and getting used to that at very close range.. hoping to do more soon.

Thats weird that 1080 would lock out 4k, when you would think 720 would as well.

It all has to do with the available band width - there's a lot of data being transferred at any given time.

Thanks Mike

Forgot to ask this.. might be a dumb question, but.. any reason why the Litchi app cant be used while the goggles are going on at the same time.. or is it all dji go 4 + goggles or nothing?
Yet to test that as well.

No.
C1 + C2 bring up the menu you'd have when you swipe down on the touchpad with 2 fingers. That menu has several options, inclucing Fullscreen and the horizontal/vertical switch.
Ah ok i follow now.. still very useful and i dont think i would have realized this :) Thanks

Having used the goggles for a bit now.. i have to say i'm both happy and have mixed feelings at the same time about them.

I guess this is expected, but my ipad mini 4 screen resolution is very much sharper than what you see in the goggles.. i guess because the goggles are streaming the info directly from the quad vs maybe some extra processing that goes on with the direct controller connection.. unsure.

What I do like of course, is the pan/tilt with head movements.. i wish again there was a quick way to toggle this on and off.. yeah you can do c1 + c2 to get to the menu area but its still a little frustrating at times.

I found myself sortof longing for the ipad screen on a few test flights.. i felt like i was actually "more into" the flight with the ipad, maybe because of resolution or because of the map (which you dont have in the goggles).

Ill still use them (at times), but i think its one of those things it depends on what you are after and the mood you are in i suppose.

I somewhat agree....the goggles are great and in my opinion are the best option currently available but the clarity of the display is not on par with that of my iPad mini. Maybe I was expecting too much but it is not as crisp or clear when comparing the two. With that said, I very much enjoy using the goggles and have only touched the tip if the iceberg with regards to all of the features......I have flown about 8 batteries so far and learn more each time out......

Forgot to ask this.. might be a dumb question, but.. any reason why the Litchi app cant be used while the goggles are going on at the same time.. or is it all dji go 4 + goggles or nothing?
Yet to test that as well.

I have used it with Litchi and it works fine for what I use it for (mostly waypoint mode) but not having the C1/C2 buttons makes setting waypoints on the fly a pain.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS