DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Very good solution. I'm just waiting the reading glasses from amazon!!!

I try to incorporate a DIY support in 3d to attach the glasses to DJI Googles.
A little clip that can be glued between the lenses might work. Just don't block the sensor or goggles lenses movement left to right.

As I needed 2.5 dioptre reading glasses to see the goggle screen clearly, I decided to take inspiration from the Mavic Pro gimbal dampening of using rubber bands. Decided to cut my reading glasses and mount them on the goggles, rubber band sprung. Easy to detach and clean.

21b1b6634bafcd9f05f47dff4c72a43c.jpg

1ee9fe6f212f2aec95cf91eafb7f03c3.jpg

I bought a 32gb microsd card to fit in the goggles, formatted no problem, all good. I have tried two 64gb cards but the goggles cannot format them, or read them. Guess 32gb max to fit in the goggles ?

As I needed 2.5 dioptre reading glasses to see the goggle screen clearly, I decided to take inspiration from the Mavic Pro gimbal dampening of using rubber bands. Decided to cut my reading glasses and mount them on the goggles, rubber band sprung. Easy to detach and clean.

21b1b6634bafcd9f05f47dff4c72a43c.jpg

1ee9fe6f212f2aec95cf91eafb7f03c3.jpg

I bought a 32gb microsd card to fit in the goggles, formatted no problem, all good. I have tried two 64gb cards but the goggles cannot format them, or read them. Guess 32gb max to fit in the goggles ?
A little more detail about how you secure the rubber bands to the goggles please.

I used 3m picture hanging plastic hooks, instead of using them to hang things, I have mounted them sideways with both facing inwards, towards each other. I trimmed the width to fit. I

I then shortened two rubberbands just by tieing them, cut the excess off. The bands were slid over the cut down glasses, then pushed the hook into one band, and then the other. They hold in place very well and are easy to slide of the hooks for cleaning.

I was n't happy using full glasses as light entered from the sides. Also as they are + 2.5 dioptre they are too strong other than for looking at the screen so closely. Another bonus is they won't be forgotten as there now part of the goggles.

27efb9e432cf04ff438795c3a5a13ee7.jpg

Hope that helps, I tried hook & loop tape, but it was not strong enough for me.

Reactions: Airtex
I used 3m picture hanging plastic hooks, instead of using them to hang things, I have mounted them sideways with both facing inwards, towards each other. I trimmed the width to fit. I

I then shortened two rubberbands just by tieing them, cut the excess off. The bands were slid over the cut down glasses, then pushed the hook into one band, and then the other. They hold in place very well and are easy to slide of the hooks for cleaning.

I was n't happy using full glasses as light entered from the sides. Also as they are + 2.5 dioptre they are too strong other than for looking at the screen so closely. Another bonus is they won't be forgotten as there now part of the goggles.

27efb9e432cf04ff438795c3a5a13ee7.jpg

Hope that helps, I tried hook & loop tape, but it was not strong enough for me.
Thanks for the reply. Looks like a good solution.
Fred

Reactions: Airtex
Good question, I did not have any really short rubber bands at first, so I wrapped them around the arm of the glasses several times, but there is no reason to unscrew the arms, now I have managed to shorten the bands. Now you pointed it I may unscrew them the next time I have to clean all the lenses.

glasses with the Goggles suck for me, especially in humid weather, fogging is so bad they are useless. guess im going back to my Glyph, they work in any conditions without any glasses.

Off topic...what is the purpose of having an empty sd card in the goggles? I was under the impression that goggles could not record.

glasses with the Goggles suck for me, especially in humid weather, fogging is so bad they are useless. guess im going back to my Glyph, they work in any conditions without any glasses.
Not sure where you live but I just got in from flying my Mavic using my DJI goggles here in Houston, Texas and it's 92 F with 90% hum. and I have no fogging issues at all. :)

Off topic...what is the purpose of having an empty sd card in the goggles? I was under the impression that goggles could not record.
You can remove the sd card from the drone and play it's contents in the Goggles. And yes, you can record to the SD card in the goggles. One of the options in the goggles is to download video from the Mavic to the sd card in the goggles to be played back later.

Transfer from the Mavic sd card to the goggles for viewing whilst the Mavic is between flights, saves move the card to see what you recorded and then putting back between flights.

Hey I wear progressive lenses so I had ordered the cap lenses from Amazon I read on this pot. Will do the Velcro tip but has anyone heard if the "adjustable lens glasses work"? That way you could adjust each eye independently? They are on EBAY and Amazon

You can remove the sd card from the drone and play it's contents in the Goggles. And yes, you can record to the SD card in the goggles. One of the options in the goggles is to download video from the Mavic to the sd card in the goggles to be played back later.

Umm... not quite. on mine:
  1. You can't put Mavic SD card in goggles in view mavic footage, even if that footage is 1080x30. Just doesn't work.
  2. You can't 'record' to the SD card in the goggles- i.e. the flight footage you are recording on the Mavic does NOT record to the SD card in the goggles, similar to the way your phone or tablet can cache video during flight.
  3. The only way to view your previously recorded mavic footage on your goggles is to download the clip from the Mavic to the Goggles- and this takes a LONG time.

Glasses fit just fine---however, if you require a reading correction (near sighted) in addition to correcting for far distance you have bifocals or progressive lenses. In this case, you won't be able to use your Rx lenses very well because the bottom view will be in focus but the top view won't. You will need to get "reading glasses" for the Goggles and swap back to your prescription pair when not using the Goggles. Going from Goggles to your controller for a quick look will be ok since the controller is close to your eyes (2 feet or so).
I have that exact problem, thanks for explaining that, I will try my wife's reading glasses and hope that works!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty