DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles FINALLY HERE!!!!

Interesting. I am not sure how that would work, but good to hear you have tried it and your eyes adjusted.

For other people posting "glasses fit under the goggle"; reading and computer glasses are designed for 18 in to 36 in distance. So having the goggle image a few inches away from the eyeball is why we were asking.

To answer your questions, and going off of my experience using a full VR system in a room, I can say I need my glasses to even see. There's some sort of lens in there that makes it appear further away than it is. As such your eyes will adjust to said focus and distance and it's like your staring into a large room with a theater sized TV. When you then focus on the monitor, it essentially becomes your eyesight. You will eventually forget the goggles are on your head. In my case this was me playing a VR game which was absolutely real to play in for me. That was until I stepped on the cord and unplugged the headset, and I totally got disoriented, and fell to the ground.

The range. I hope the Goggles do not lose connection faster than the remote with a tablet.
Rob

This is precisely what I what to know. The TX signal is the weak link in communication. I've overcome this on my controller with modded antenna and amplifier. I bet the goggles will have slightly better range than the stock controller. I'll likely be modding them before too long to add a TX amp.

Reactions: Merlin23
Now, this guy would have absolutely no issues with the weight:

Dam I wonder what the person neck is like after a few years of doing that job.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Slantnose79
Interesting. I am not sure how that would work, but good to hear you have tried it and your eyes adjusted.

For other people posting "glasses fit under the goggle"; reading and computer glasses are designed for 18 in to 36 in distance. So having the goggle image a few inches away from the eyeball is why we were asking.

Good thing there are lenses inside the goggles that change that distance. Also if you watched the video, the guy uses them with glasses. And they work.

There is no question. They work with glasses.

You should understand that they are not simply placing a screen a few inches from your eyes , there are optics between your eyes and screen that change the perceived distance . I have to wear glasses to read anything up close and I do not ever wear them with my racing drone goggles nor when I use a pair of VR glasses . The screen will appear to be about 17' wide about 10 feet away from you.

A little detail to be aware of. The C1 and C2 buttons become useless on your RC when paired to the goggles. The instead will act as the Fn and Back buttons. So C1 becomes the goggle's Fn button, and so on.

Reactions: Robbyg
I got money that the goggles will fit in this case with the Mavic and everything else!
c0369d6efc2f17bcd52900e94f9f0af4.jpg

Think I'll wait for the next few generations until they the size has been reduced to something acceptable, maybe down to the size of the BT-300's.

I'm not saying anybody will look a complete dork wearing them but I'm really looking forward to the first video of somebody standing on their own wearing a massive box on their head doing the compass dance, is DJI doing this on purpose or for a bet :D

The BT300's were a bandaid if you ask me. They aren't true goggles. I can't imagine a crisp image in the sunny Arizona summers, when the light is jumping in all over the the place

As much as I want these, I'm holding out for the Samsung Note 8 (releasing in august) as it will have a 4K display and should look loads better coupled with my cheapo $20 VR headset.

I got money that the goggles will fit in this case with the Mavic and everything else!
c0369d6efc2f17bcd52900e94f9f0af4.jpg

LOL I would pay money to see the packing video :D
I assume a car tire will be needed to close the top:p

I bet the case makers are already starting to design cases for it. BTW does anyone know if the battery is user replaceable?

Rob

LOL I would pay money to see the packing video :D
I assume a car tire will be needed to close the top:p

I bet the case makers are already starting to design cases for it. BTW does anyone know if the battery is user replaceable?

Rob

I have one of these, not enough space for Goggles. Also, any ideas what the round hole with the slot off it, mid RHS is for. I have most Mavic bits, but nothing seems to fit in there....
Thought please

Sun glare in my tablet screen is my worst problem (apart from my flying ability!) and closed goggles seem to be the ideal solution.

But I think motion sickness will be a huge problem for many people. Motion sickness is caused by your eyes telling you that your moving this way or that while your balance sensors in your ears tell you are not. Hence to calm sea sickness you look at the horizon so that both your eyes and ears give your brain the same into.

I tried VR on my S7 edge briefly and felt unwell after a relatively short time. Now with the DJI goggles I expect the immersive experience to be way better so my eyes are going to be totally convinced I'm spinning around in the air whilst my ears are screaming that I'm standing still.

I'd hate to lay out that kind of money on something I can't use.

I think there could be a market for some Mavic in-flight Sick bags.

Big goggles isn't a bad thing. It just means there are more components! More bang for your buck.

I bought the Mavic for it's portability, I'm REALLY disappointed they did not come out with a FatShark sized goggle, but instead a goggle bigger than the Mavic itself. I realize that it would not be as immersive, but I just want a true HD goggle so I can fly and DO MY JOB... I don't want all the bells and whistles.

I will say the price is not as steep as I thought they would be.... I will pass for the time being and get some feedback from real users. I'm sure I would love the video quality, just really dissapointed in the size... I mean the Mavic folds up.... why not make a folding goggle to match??!

I am debating whether or not this is worth it or not. I was told not to use goggles with a drone like the Mavic because of the lag.

You can deal with the lag as long as you are not racing or in real close quarters.... I have not seen the spec's yet either, maybe they won't be that slow a lag time...

Sun glare in my tablet screen is my worst problem (apart from my flying ability!) and closed goggles seem to be the ideal solution.

But I think motion sickness will be a huge problem for many people. Motion sickness is caused by your eyes telling you that your moving this way or that while your balance sensors in your ears tell you are not. Hence to calm sea sickness you look at the horizon so that both your eyes and ears give your brain the same into.

I tried VR on my S7 edge briefly and felt unwell after a relatively short time. Now with the DJI goggles I expect the immersive experience to be way better so my eyes are going to be totally convinced I'm spinning around in the air whilst my ears are screaming that I'm standing still.

I'd hate to lay out that kind of money on something I can't use.

I think there could be a market for some Mavic in-flight Sick bags.

I found I got used to it (FPV) pretty quickly.... and I definitely recommend you sit in a chair or on the ground... when I first started FPV I about fell over :p:eek:

Reactions: Clinton1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000