DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles FINALLY HERE!!!!

I found I got used to it (FPV) pretty quickly.... and I definitely recommend you sit in a chair or on the ground... when I first started FPV I about fell over :p:eek:

You guys are not bolstering my confidence :eek:
I might be pre ordering a DJI Barf bag so I am prepared.
I bet the RTH button is going to get a lot more use when these goggles come out.

Reactions: Merlin23
You guys are not bolstering my confidence :eek:
I might be pre ordering a DJI Barf bag so I am prepared.
I bet the RTH button is going to get a lot more use when these goggles come out.
It's not that bad. My first VR experience was fantastic. No queasiness. However, when the cord fell out of the VR goggles, and went black, I lost my sense of orientation fast and fell down. :p

Cyberpower has recommended a rigid exercise routine for future goggle owners. So under his guidance I am now carrying a basket of fruit on my head 12 hours per day:D:):D:D

Rob

Good to know the years of carrying 25-35lb sup race and surf boards on my head for miles will now have me ready for goggle life :)

Reactions: Marine0302G2/8
The BT300's were a bandaid if you ask me. They aren't true goggles. I can't imagine a crisp image in the sunny Arizona summers, when the light is jumping in all over the the place

I love that DJI has released these, and they are tempting. But a few things to keep in mind:

• Immersive VR (full black-out view) has problems with motion sickness in people who are prone to it (I'm not actually, and I love immersive VR, and use it for gaming regularly)
  • Augmented Reality (AR) where you have full view of the world around you, and project an image on top of it, typically does not have an issue with motion sickness, your brain can see the world around you.
  • Most countries have laws which basically make flying with these goggles recreationally illegal. This includes the USA and Canada (you MUST be within un-assisted visual line of sight at all times). I'm not 100% sure about the USA (you might be able to use a spotter to fly with goggles) but in Canada, there is no exception for a spotter, you simply can't use a goggle that blocks out external line of sight.
As to your comment about the BT300, I haven't used them personally, but several reviewers have said even when looking towards bright sun, the image was still crisp and clear, and easy to see.

For me, I'd love the fully immersive experience, but if I'm going to spend this kind of money on a product to fly my mavic, I need to know I'm not going to run into legal trouble essentially making the new "investment" a paper-weight. If the laws get augmented to allow for a spotter in Canada, I'll probably snag a pair of these. In the meantime, the only "legal" way for me to fly with FPV goggles is the BT-300

I had no interest in using these goggles... that is until I watched the video... I may have to get a pair now, but will wait for more reviews like some others on here.

I can remember when I ordered my Mavic, I, along with many others, were waiting for Mavic to ship. I placed the order and when mavic did finally ship, DJI used my supplied/selected funding source to pay for my Mavic Pro. I am wondering why ordering the DJI goggles is different. I would at very least feel a bit better if I could get on the list for the 2nd Goggle delivery.

I don't believe for a second that DJI will fulfill these orders in May or even June! Their track record on shipping new merchandise is absolutely abysmal. I'm in no rush to be disappointed yet again with these shysters who make promises they never ever keep!

I like that I can also use the DJI Goggles with a gaming console or watch a movie with the HDMI port. That will make the price less painful.

But I don't have the"buy now" button anymore in the DJI Store http://www.dji.com/dji-goggles
So i'm reading here that these can't be used to watch other copyright protected video's . I wish we could get some clarification on this . People above say they need to be HDCP 2.0 compliant and these are not? Do we have any more info on this topic ???

They're here, and I already ordered mine.

DJI Goggles

Get them while you can. Only a limited amount are available for purchase, and they should start shipping May 20.

UPDATE: Now out of stock.
I got my order in the minute they were available. I can not wait to try them out. A friend of mine is pushing the Avegant Glyph goggles because they are sleeker. I would image the DJI goggles will slim down by the time the next version comes out.

So i'm reading here that these can't be used to watch other copyright protected video's . I wish we could get some clarification on this . People above say they need to be HDCP 2.0 compliant and these are not? Do we have any more info on this topic ???

They are HDCP 1.4 compliant which means almost none of the new hardware that use Ver 2.2 will stream to it.
If your thinking of plugging Directv or Fios into it I doubt it will work. I know Ruko boxes will not work.

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: Marine0302G2/8
I don't believe for a second that DJI will fulfill these orders in May or even June! Their track record on shipping new merchandise is absolutely abysmal. I'm in no rush to be disappointed yet again with these shysters who make promises they never ever keep!

Normally I would think the same thing but this time DJI has stopped taking new orders. With the Mavic they just kept selling and selling and promising delivery dates that were impossible. My feeling is that the change in ordering is an indication that they will deliver on time, maybe even early. I believe they have changed their sales style due to the Mavic disaster.

Rob

Normally I would think the same thing but this time DJI has stopped taking new orders. With the Mavic they just kept selling and selling and promising delivery dates that were impossible. My feeling is that the change in ordering is an indication that they will deliver on time, maybe even early. I believe they have changed their sales style due to the Mavic disaster.

Rob
I agree. I think they are being more careful to avoid the Mavic delivery fiasco. Good on them. At least this way we know they have a better grasp on order/delivery capabilities. Will wait until they make them available and feel more confident about delivery. Hope those who made the first batch of preorders will keep us posted about receipt times.

I agree. I think they are being more careful to avoid the Mavic delivery fiasco. Good on them. At least this way we know they have a better grasp on order/delivery capabilities. Will wait until they make them available and feel more confident about delivery. Hope those who made the first batch of preorders will keep us posted about receipt times.
Will do. I ordered as soon as it came online in the store for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erroos