msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
Here are some tips to help you get started with your DJI Goggles:

1) When activating the DJI Goggles via the DJI Assistant 2 application, make sure you're using DJI Assistant 2 version 1.1.0-2 (or higher). Older versions of the DJI Assistant 2 application will not prompt you to activate the DJI Goggles. If needed, you can find detailed DJI Goggles activation instructions here.

2) New firmware can be installed on the DJI Goggles via the DJI Assistant 2 application. If needed, you can find detailed DJI Goggles firmware installation instructions here.

3) When connecting the DJI Goggles body and headband together, you should hear an audible snapping sound as the two pieces connect. If they are not fully connected, the LED lights will not show the proper power level when the goggles power button is pressed and you will not be able to power on the goggles.

4) Turn the IPD (Interpupillary Distance) knob on the bottom, right of the DJI Goggles body to set the distance between your eyes (this knob is not labeled). When not set properly, the picture will not be as clear and/or appear to be doubled.

5) If the picture is blurry on the bottom corners of the goggles, then slide the goggles down a bit (they are too high on your face). If the top corners of the image are blurry, then slide the goggles up a bit.

6) A tutorial is available in the "Tools" --> "Settings" menu inside the goggles. Once in the "Settings" menu, you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the list to find the "Tutorial" menu item.

7) The DJI Goggles need to be linked to the Mavic aircraft and remote controller. The linking procedure can be initiated from the "Tools" --> "Settings" --> "Linking Settings" menu item inside the goggles. Press the linking button on the Mavic aircraft and remote controller so the goggles can find them. See the DJI Goggles manual if you need more details.

8) The Mavic remote controller's 5D button can be pressed up, down, left, or right to navigate the menus inside the goggles. Press the 5D button to select a menu item. Press the C1 button to go back to the previous menu/screen.

9) Swipe down with two fingers on the DJI Goggles touch pad to enable the head tracking modes. The touch pad is on the right side of the DJI Goggles body.

Got any good tips I missed? Please share them below.

Last edited:
You need your corrective lenses to use them if you are near sighted.

There is no Smart RTH indicator in the goggles, so you have to use your judgement as to how much power you have left to safely return back.

Losing signal with the goggles resets the head tracking to stationary apparently.

If you are old like me and where bifocals, progressives, readers/cheaters, then you will need readers to focus. I wear progressives with astigmatism correction. If I just used readers I can get by with 1.5 or 1.75 but I've found 2.5 works in the goggles. Still not perfect but I think I would need complete lens reader/astigmatism correction for that. Not perfect is good enough for now. :)

Don't go and fiddle with the HD setting menu to alter the goggles display resolution if you want to shoot in 4k on your Mavic

As soon as you choose smooth or 1080p display modes the option to 4k won't be in the phone app and you can only get it back at the moment by turning googles off and back on.

Also the C2 button and right scroll wheel (to level your horizon, handy shortcut) doesn't work when the goggles connected - don't know if this a bug or by design

Last edited:
Don't go and fiddle with the HD setting menu to alter the goggles display resolution if you want to shoot in 4k on your Mavic

As soon as you choose smooth or 1080p display modes the option to 4k won't be in the phone app and you can only get it back at the moment by turning googles off and back on.

Also the C2 button and right scroll wheel (to level your horizon, handy shortcut) doesn't work when the goggles connected - don't know if this a bug or by design
yep goggles overwrite C buttons' functions (function & back)

If you are old like me and where bifocals, progressives, readers/cheaters, then you will need readers to focus. I wear progressives with astigmatism correction. If I just used readers I can get by with 1.5 or 1.75 but I've found 2.5 works in the goggles. Still not perfect but I think I would need complete lens reader/astigmatism correction for that. Not perfect is good enough for now. :)

Bill...my "cheaters" (also 2.50 work great) keep fogging up on me...I've tried a few things...and still foggy...any recommendations?

I had the same problem, went to Walmart they have readers that you can adjust !! worked great, now If they would just fix the Meters to Feet problem they might be good!

Bill...my "cheaters" (also 2.50 work great) keep fogging up on me...I've tried a few things...and still foggy...any recommendations?
I was told that the adjustable readers from Walmart or As Seen On TV for $19.99 work great. I just ordered a pair and will let you know what I find out

Readers do work, but if you are fine with 1 power for normal reading, you will need at least 2 power for the goggles (because the focus distance in the goggles is so short).
VERY annoying. The lack of diopter adjustment in the goggles is a major design flaw in my opinion.

Reactions: Robbyg
Readers do work, but if you are fine with 1 power for normal reading, you will need at least 2 power for the goggles (because the focus distance in the goggles is so short).
VERY annoying. The lack of diopter adjustment in the goggles is a major design flaw in my opinion.
I agree, but with the www.focus-fixers.com that should help a great deal

Goggles' battery lasts a long time, so to prolong its lifespan, I only charge it to 75-80%, no need to stress it by charging to 100%. The 30-80% cycle is healthy and enough to fly about 10 Mavic batteries worth.

Reactions: Kilrah
Just got my goggles. Question on Linking. Directions state to press the linking button. I don't have a button per se. There is a hole that you can push the end of a paper clip through. When I do I can feel a button type movement. Is this the correct process or am I missing a piece on my goggles.

Just got my goggles. Question on Linking. Directions state to press the linking button. I don't have a button per se. There is a hole that you can push the end of a paper clip through. When I do I can feel a button type movement. Is this the correct process or am I missing a piece on my goggles.

You don’t need to press a button on the dji goggles. Go into the connection settings on the goggles and it will prompt you to press the wireless connection button on the Mavic, once this has been done the goggles will detect the Mavic and connect to it automatically without any need for pressing anything on the goggles. There are several YouTube videos you can follow along with a walkthrough on how this is done if you are stuck. Good luck and enjoy your goggles, they are amazing!

Question on Linking. Directions state to press the linking button. I don't have a button per se. There is a hole that you can push the end of a paper clip through. When I do I can feel a button type movement.
There are two ways to link the DJI Goggles. This video covers both methods:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej