Votes: 37 22.6%
  • Yes.... At a price under $400

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • Yes.... At a price under $300

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • NO..... Don't need and they are going to too expensive anyways

Votes: 15 9.1%

• Total voters
I can hardly wait to get my Mavic. One of the first things I'm going to do is see if my PS4VR will work in the HDMI port.

Just curious if anyone has heard anything more regarding DJI's Goggles? - @msinger? @Advexure? either you guys have any idea when they may become available? Assume they are still a ways out given the bottlenecked Mavic production but now that I have my Mavic I'm anxious for these..

I heard they will be $700 until I buy one then they will make improvements and drop the price to $300.
On another note if the goggles is a stand alone operation that picks up from the aircraft itself. Then they should have an HDMI device that could be hooked up to a TV and can be watched in real time. I can do this with my PH3, PH4, and Inspire 1 by using the master and slave controllers from the Inspire 1 on all 3 drones. Pretty cool when a lot of people can be watching what is going on at the same time. I am sorry but I never got live feed to really work right, plus live feed you need to be able to get a phone signal also.

Last edited:
I wonder if there will be a way to use Google's Daydream VR with the DJI Go app. I'm guessing though that DJI won't actively go out and make their app compliant with the Daydream.

I'll go for them if they are under $300. My hopes hinged on them being low-latency (like analog transmitters are) but 120ms is far too high. That promo video they released? Two super weird things about it:
  1. They are flying out of LOS, clearly in a rocky passageway. Is the signal transmission truly that good? My guess is NO.
  2. They are flying very close to things with a visual latency of 120ms. Is the object avoidance truly that reliable at 40mph?
If the object avoidance is that good, and if the video + control transmission is anywhere near what they advertised there (it probably isn't), then I might go for it under $500.

I think at this point it really hinges on how good the object avoidance is though. Having POV at 300+ feet is badass, but I want to experience flying up close and personal with cliff walls, trees, and so on. There are a number of tight gullies around here that would be so fun to fly through.

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
I really want to get the DJI Goggles but the rumored $700 price tag may be just too steep......

View attachment 90

Hopefully they will be $399 and be the best pair of FPV that has ever been released
The goggles will be priced at $499.00 How do I know. I met a mystic hiking in the Himalayas and asked him

These would be great. However it's clear they are aimed squarely at the FPV racers and not us doddering photographer flyers. Do FPV racers spend a lot of cash?

As to price the $700 seems a bit high, but then high end displays (think the higher end Androids and iPhones) are more expensive. And here the volume will be comparatively tiny. You would want something high quality, I think.

One VR maker just dropped their combined headset/controller by $200. Occulus Rift/Touch to just under $600.

A clue that it might be cheaper than the $700 (aside the marketing mind trick) is the price point of the Mavic Pro. Clearly the mind trick point with it was US$999.

What would it be with the FPV goggles? ... $499 seems like a strike point. But I'm probably dreaming.

As I was trying my new P4P yesterday with a friend it's clear to share the experience (if not the controls) the oft mentioned "tethered viewer" could be very popular as well.

The FPV racers I know have easily spent $700 or more on their goggles and enhancmenents but these guys (and one gal) are hard-core. I'd be surprised if the FPV market is that large.

The FPV quad market (especially the mini quads) is the hottest thing in RC in years. It's huge....

Reactions: Kilrah
I thought race goggles was more about 300 bucks... 500-700 seems insane to me... (Specially for a mavic)

I do not think over $500. Magic number for most of us. Who would pay $699. No one. I want them bad but sometimes you just have to say NO

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo