DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GOOGLES

DJI hasn't announced a release date yet.

Which other FPV would work with Mavik?
Assuming you mean FPV goggles that use an HDMI output, none are compatible with the Mavic. The best you could do is use them with a mobile device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1). That will only allow you to see the same view that is on your mobile device though.

Last edited:
These are probably the best out there right now. Homido v2
There are tons of those cheap sets out there that require your phone to be inserted but I think most people want the goggles that do not require a phone or other device. The Fat Shark and Epson goggles have a wireless link direct to the Mavic rather than having to link to the phone.

There are tons of those cheap sets out there that require your phone to be inserted but I think most people want the goggles that do not require a phone or other device. The Fat Shark and Epson goggles have a wireless link direct to the Mavic rather than having to link to the phone.

I thought DJI uses a proprietary protocol and those generic 5.8ghz goggles like you mentioned don't work with DJI mavic?

The Fat Shark and Epson goggles have a wireless link direct to the Mavic rather than having to link to the phone.
Those wireless direct links are not compatible with the Mavic.

Assuming you mean FPV goggles that use an HDMI output, none are compatible with the Mavic. The best you could do is use them with a mobile device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1). That will only allow you to see the same view that is on your mobile device though.

Would FatSharks and diopter inserts work with the Nvidia? Or wait for DJI. I wear glasses (Nearsighted).

Those wireless direct links are not compatible with the Mavic.
Ok, I thought I saw a video where someone was able to find a video signal using the Fat Shark goggles, I could be wrong, if I find it again I will post a link.

Either way Epson showed off the Moveria glasses at CES and they say they are very close to release which is much more than we have heard from DJI on their goggles.

Would FatSharks and diopter inserts work with the Nvidia?
I've never tried inserts on mine. I only fly when wearing contacts.

Reactions: J-Dub
Would FatSharks and diopter inserts work with the Nvidia? Or wait for DJI. I wear glasses (Nearsighted).

The Nvidia snd some other have an HDMI out. Do you vonnect the usb from the control to the Nvidia tablet like normal then you can plug an hdmi cable to the invida and anything with an hdmi input can watch the same as the Nvidia screen.

So any googles that you can put hdmi in or a tv with hdmi in or anything.

The difference is latency and its not direct from the mavic to googles. More cables involved and pass threw.

Direct would be nice but doesnt exist until DJI releases their own googles.

Reactions: J-Dub
DJI REALLY needs to make a small HDMI dongle that can be paired to your Mavic (like the controller) and outputs in standard HDMI, so any goggles equipped with a HDMI input can accept. I know DJI won't do this (they don't care about customer convenience) as it will undercut the goggles they plan to release (if they ever get around to it) but I wish someone would make it. I ordered a duel band wifi dongle that generates a Airplay compatible hot spot and has HDMI out, hoping to be able to connect to my phone and cast the app to a monitor or goggles, we will see.

For those that have not seen the Moverio, here is a video from CES...

Best part is you no longer need to use your phone/tablet since they provide an android device that runs the Go app.

Reactions: BillyBad

Best part is you no longer need to use your phone/tablet since they provide an android device that runs the Go app.
These are very nice.... and $$$$. But latency should not be an issue as the GO app is basically running directly on the glasses, depending on the version of Android and the specs of the controller.

Didn't see it mentioned yet... another option while waiting for the DJI goggles is to use the Litchi app and a cheapo plastic headset that you put your phone into.

If you've already got Litchi, you can get this going for less than $15. Not the perfect solution, but a worthy stop gap.

Don't "hold your breath" on these. I was part of the pre-order and waited 3 months after my CC was billed, needless to say I canceled. The Android device is a "scaled down" version that runs on a self contained unit. They (Epson) have released the developers version and there is a thread somewhere here about how totally laggy the video is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada