DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI is very deceptive in their shipping practices

PropPilot

Reactions
Got an email on Jan 20th stating that orders would be fulfilled in 3-5 days from clearing

Ordered a Fly More combo for my brother in law on January 24th. Payment cleared immediately

On February 7th the order status went to SHIPPED but no tracking info showed up

On February 10th I connected to chat and the agent gave me a FEDEX tracking number (goodie me thinks). They force a 'signature required' stipulation so FEDEX will not leave it on the porch even with an authorization release on the door.

Today I drive 20 miles to the FEDEX depot to pick up my stuff and it is a 6" x 6" box containing ONE propellor

Clearly DJI does this to eliminate the ability to cancel the order on their website and you are captive until you get it.

Got on the chat again after 17 people ahead of me and was told they have escalated this and I will receive an email within 24-48 hours. It must take that long to process and send out the 'we are working hard to ship all of our orders' canned email.

Un FRIGGING believable........ I still love their product however this company does not have a clue how to operate.

I can't imagine how mad I would have been to open the box & see 1 propellor. There is something wrong with a company that ships to suppliers before they fill online orders.

Reactions: Jim596
Actually, it seems they ship to [online] individuals before their dealers or suppliers. Every authorized dealer in Thailand doesn't know [haven't been told] any delivery dates. Some are accepting "pre-orders" with a deposit of $60. I've make deposits at three stores. Others will tell you "two-weeks" and when you go back to the store, they tell you "two-weeks" again. One reputable dealer told me, "end of March, maybe". Nothing I can do but wait, as shipping [importing] to Thailand is exceptionally difficult and expensive. DJI no longer ships to Thailand either.

Actually, it seems they ship to [online] individuals before their dealers or suppliers. Every authorized dealer in Thailand doesn't know [haven't been told] any delivery dates. Some are accepting "pre-orders" with a deposit of $60. I've make deposits at three stores. Others will tell you "two-weeks" and when you go back to the store, they tell you "two-weeks" again. One reputable dealer told me, "end of March, maybe". Nothing I can do but wait, as shipping [importing] to Thailand is exceptionally difficult and expensive. DJI no longer ships to Thailand either.

Well, most of us don't live in Thailand. I just looked online & can drive around the block & pick one up at Best Buy.

Reactions: RobertD
I don't even care about who they ship to first. The deception is shipping a single propellor from the US and showing the orders as SHIPPED especially after sending out an email saying '3-5 days' to shipping.

The company is incredible. Deceptive. I don't buy online or from a local shop like Best Buy because I save $ 255 dollars in taxes to order it direct.

I screwed up and showed MY Mavvie to my brother in law and now no good deed goes unpunished as I screw around getting him one......

They are shipping to Thailand now and are 300 pounds cheaper than the UK

Hi
Please give me the dealers in Thailand I need some props and gave my aunty coming from there!

Thanks

I can't imagine how mad I would have been to open the box & see 1 propellor. There is something wrong with a company that ships to suppliers before they fill online orders.
There are suppliers in Australia that are still filling back orders from last year

What problem did you have?
Ordered Fly More October. They send me P3s Christmas Eve. Send it back rejected as wrong item (they tried to have me buy it and have remainder refunded!) Then they tried to charge for the return postage by refunding me short. Luckily I noticed. They then credited me for it but said it was a one off "goodwill gesture". What?!

Ordered Fly More October. They send me P3s Christmas Eve. Send it back rejected as wrong item (they tried to have me buy it and have remainder refunded!) Then they tried to charge for the return postage by refunding me short. Luckily I noticed. They then credited me for it but said it was a one off "goodwill gesture". What?!
Was it directly from Amazon or through Amazon from another company? I had trouble with a P4P order that was Amazon prime but the serving company was SSE. They tried to pass off a used drone as new. Amazon got on their case hard to refund my purchase price.

After reading this I'm hoping they fixed their issues. I actually ordered straight from DJI.

I made the order on Sunday evening. I realized i reversed a couple of numbers of thw zip code and had to cancelbthe order because they couldnt go ib and change the zip. Said it would take 24 - 48 hours for their system to uodate. I made the second order on Monday morning and got an email tonight with a fedex tracking number saying it had shipped and will be delivered on Friday (March 17th).

I purchased the Mavic with the fly more bundle.

After reading this I'm hoping they fixed their issues. I actually ordered straight from DJI.

I made the order on Sunday evening. I realized i reversed a couple of numbers of thw zip code and had to cancelbthe order because they couldnt go ib and change the zip. Said it would take 24 - 48 hours for their system to uodate. I made the second order on Monday morning and got an email tonight with a fedex tracking number saying it had shipped and will be delivered on Friday (March 17th).

I purchased the Mavic with the fly more bundle.
I think you're good. I ordered mine direct on Sunday and I got a FedEx notification that it will be delivered Thursday.

Here's the status from the "Eastern front": Since launch day in september 2016 and up to day, the largest photo&video equipment retailer store in Romania (and at the same time in South-Eastern Europe) has managed to import 30 (thirty!) units, on Jan 16. Next estimated import batch: May 15 (unknown quantity). Preorders: more than 400. I was one of the lucky 30, due to the fact that I write product reviews for their blog for free. Talked to the store's product manager; he is really pissed not being able to commit to clients...

Got mine today, a day early. Initially thought it may be the first one I ordered, but the serial number marches the serial number on the DJI Care refresh information I received. I'm excited. Now for a bunch of reading

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr