DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Issues

sumhum

Reactions
So I posted a chat I had with pre-sales, because you can't get an answer via email on the status of my order to try and get some more insight and they banned me. So... I will post it here just to inform everyone of the cluster F that is DJI and there handling of this. They expect me to call every store and find out if they have stock or not? and on top of that it's too bad so sad. I really wasn't looking for anything but once I found out that people after me that pre-ordered direct were receiving their orders I figured I'd see what I could gain from starting a chat.

*** Brandon joined the chat ***
(09:27:45) Brandon: Hi! Thank you for contacting DJI Online Store Pre-sales chat. This is Robert. How may I help?
(09:27:52) Shawn: I ordered the Mavic Pro on October 7th.. Still nothing... Can I get a discount on the Phantom 4 Pro because of dropped ball by DJI. I still want a DJI Product, I'm just sick of waiting.
(09:28:37) Shawn: Is your name Robert or Brandon?
(09:29:14) Brandon: Brandon,... Robert is my trainer
(09:29:33) Brandon: I understand
(09:30:00) Brandon: DJI is very rigid regarding pricing and discounts
(09:30:02) Brandon: but,...
(09:30:18) Brandon: I have a suggestion...
(09:30:44) Brandon: - best buy and apple stores have the mavic in store
(09:31:25) Brandon: .
(09:32:05) Shawn: which stores? because I'd love to know
(09:32:06) Brandon: contact both and you may be able to pick-up a mavic today (tax no included)
(09:32:26) Brandon: or
(09:32:56) Brandon: cotact best buy or apple online and have instore pick-up
(09:33:06) Brandon: contact
(09:33:34) Shawn: i live in new york city one of the biggest metro area's in the world maybe youve hear of it.. no stores in a 100 mile radius have this product.. I think you are mistaken
(09:34:25) Shawn: so.... what is the best you can do on a phantom 4 pro for the cluster of the mavic.. keep in mind you already have $1000 of my money for the nothing I have.
(09:35:29) Shawn: and just for your info, apple says January 19th and BestBuy doesnt even have it listed to buy anymore.
(09:37:08) Brandon: Toronto Best Buy sold 15 Mavic Pros within the 1st 2 hours of opening.
(09:37:29) Shawn: lol Canada?
(09:37:44) Brandon: I know
(09:37:50) Shawn: Can you offer me anything off of a Phantom 4 Pro or no?
(09:37:59) Brandon: I can not
(09:38:09) Brandon: Pre-sales chat does not have discount access
(09:38:20) Shawn: point me in the right direction
(09:38:59) Brandon: 9pm EST - 8am EST CHINA HQ chat will be online
(09:39:10) Brandon: To access CHINA HQ chat,... www.dji.com click the top blue box STORE click the bottom right blue box CHAT WITH US
(09:40:20) *** Shawn left the chat ***

You will likely get a P4P before a Mavic unless your order was before about Oct. 10.

If that's your decision making process (do you really have lots of vids and pics to take in December in NYC?), then you should cancel and get the P4P. Some US retailers already have them to ship

You will likely get a P4P before a Mavic unless your order was before about Oct. 10.

If that's your decision making process (do you really have lots of vids and pics to take in December in NYC?), then you should cancel and get the P4P. Some US retailers already have them to ship
Yeah I ordered October 7th, which makes this a little harder of a decision.. idk I wanted the ease of use associated with the Mavic and am just overthinking it and being impatient at this point

Yeah I ordered October 7th, which makes this a little harder of a decision.. idk I wanted the ease of use associated with the Mavic and am just overthinking it and being impatient at this point
Yes. You. Are.

Yes. You. Are.
But we were promised a date of shipping, and now it's our problem and no rectification or anything on DJI's part. They are having a giveaway of a Mavic and release two new products, we give them our money and we are the ones stuck with nothing. I am entitled to be impatient at this point because of the lack of specific information. I don't want some blanket cryptic statement, tell us who is getting their order when and stop shipping out of order.

tell us who is getting their order when and stop shipping out of order.
You really think it works that way?
Someone is sitting there at the production line and making a list and checking it twice? Naughty or nice?

I think it's more like this. DJI is getting yelled at by a LOT of people. Not guys like you - but by bigger people like Apple, B&H, 1000's of dealers and many companies you never heard of which have PREPAID (like you) but for 1000's or 10's of thousands.

So, what is the order? I'd bet that DJI is actually shipping a lot of "singles" to guys like you and I instead of doing what a lot of companies would do - that is, fill the order for a couple containers full to dealers and Apple.

I don't think they know when yours will ship. But another complainer canceled his two days ago and then found out that at the same time he was cancelling his order had shipped (the two had nothing to do with one another).

It's too bad that DJI can't make enough. But they didn't hold a gun or knife to you. If you don't want to wait and be among the first then it's your right to cancel.

You should HOPE they ship out of order...because otherwise we would never get ours since Apple and everyone else was moved to the back of the line. I wonder if Tim Cook called them complaining about not getting them until Jan 17th when he ordered (likely) before the release date.

Anyway, as I said, it's too bad that DJI cannot make enough. It's their biz so I can't say whether they made a mistake or a brilliant move having demand so much higher than supply. I think they forgot the mood of today's customers who want everything now. Next time then should have a page or two of an agreement that you OK before they let someone pre-order.

You really think it works that way?
Someone is sitting there at the production line and making a list and checking it twice? Naughty or nice?

I think it's more like this. DJI is getting yelled at by a LOT of people. Not guys like you - but by bigger people like Apple, B&H, 1000's of dealers and many companies you never heard of which have PREPAID (like you) but for 1000's or 10's of thousands.

So, what is the order? I'd bet that DJI is actually shipping a lot of "singles" to guys like you and I instead of doing what a lot of companies would do - that is, fill the order for a couple containers full to dealers and Apple.

I don't think they know when yours will ship. But another complainer canceled his two days ago and then found out that at the same time he was cancelling his order had shipped (the two had nothing to do with one another).

It's too bad that DJI can't make enough. But they didn't hold a gun or knife to you. If you don't want to wait and be among the first then it's your right to cancel.

You should HOPE they ship out of order...because otherwise we would never get ours since Apple and everyone else was moved to the back of the line. I wonder if Tim Cook called them complaining about not getting them until Jan 17th when he ordered (likely) before the release date.

Anyway, as I said, it's too bad that DJI cannot make enough. It's their biz so I can't say whether they made a mistake or a brilliant move having demand so much higher than supply. I think they forgot the mood of today's customers who want everything now. Next time then should have a page or two of an agreement that you OK before they let someone pre-order.
It is easy to see that you have your Mavic already, and are not waiting any longer.......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000