DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI JUST WOW WHERE HAVE I BEEN?

insainflow

Reactions
I am a new Real Estate agent on the Gulf Coast and during school I was always in some type of film class. I ordered the Mavic Fly More Bundle but couldn't wait any longer so I got a P3 Standard from Best Buy for 399. What a deal! This thing is absolutely amazing and it is the lowest model. After being used to flying toy syma drones around and other small RC drones it really is a whole different world. I could use this P3 to make money for real estate photography. The quality is not bad at all because my area hasn't really made the conversion to 4K displays yet. The camera is great. The only thing is there are no sensors so I have to be careful. Which I am. I am working on getting commercial certification now and was just wanting to share how excited I am. It is like a childhood dream come true and when the mavic comes in and I can put both of them to good use I will report back and share some great stuff with you guys! This is going to be a great side business for me as I start my real estate career. Would anyone else like to share any awesome stories of entrepreneur drone flight? I would love some motivation and collaboration. Glad to be a part of the community!

P.S. Anyone know what the market standards value is for HD video and pics for Real Estate listings? Not many people around here doing this. I haven't seen any ads for it and that's saying something because as an Agent it seems like you get put on everyone's lists.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: IronManMC
Many of the bigger realty firms already have in-house (or contracted) el cheapo Drone pilots - but there are plenty of other opportunities (small firms, individuals selling their own houses and lots of other stuff)...
I'll give you one of my ideas since I probably won't do it. There are lots of "Jimmy Buffet" boats that go out in the various harbors at sunset...and also sunset sails. I think you could make a deal of sorts with the owners of those to do individual shoots (say on the fri,sat,sun cruises) and then have those on the boat who wanted get a digital or printed shot of THEM on the boat (upper deck, etc.).
You'd have to work out the exact numbers, but I think those people are in the mood to spend money on memories and if you share revenue with the boat owner it could work.

I am in sarasota (a snowbird). Here's a couple recent pics.
DJI_0309.jpg DJI_0322.jpg DJI_0324.jpg DJI_0330.jpg

That's cool you could start with a P3S for just $399. You'll probably sell it as soon as you try your Mavic though. Good luck on the certification. I looked at the test and it's not easy - will take study.

If you shoot and edit in 4k your client can always watch in 1080 if you use a streaming service like youtube or vimeo (better). If you're doing much editing in 4k though, you need a modern computer.

That's cool you could start with a P3S for just $399. You'll probably sell it as soon as you try your Mavic though. Good luck on the certification. I looked at the test and it's not easy - will take study.

If you shoot and edit in 4k your client can always watch in 1080 if you use a streaming service like youtube or vimeo (better). If you're doing much editing in 4k though, you need a modern computer.

Tests are never what I have found difficult. It's always the choosing what to do! I guess that's why I am so excited! I found something I love! Thanks for sharing the pictures and I am sure you are right about the Mavic.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I am a new Real Estate agent on the Gulf Coast and during school I was always in some type of film class. I ordered the Mavic Fly More Bundle but couldn't wait any longer so I got a P3 Standard from Best Buy for 399. What a deal! This thing is absolutely amazing and it is the lowest model. After being used to flying toy syma drones around and other small RC drones it really is a whole different world. I could use this P3 to make money for real estate photography. The quality is not bad at all because my area hasn't really made the conversion to 4K displays yet. The camera is great. The only thing is there are no sensors so I have to be careful. Which I am. I am working on getting commercial certification now and was just wanting to share how excited I am. It is like a childhood dream come true and when the mavic comes in and I can put both of them to good use I will report back and share some great stuff with you guys! This is going to be a great side business for me as I start my real estate career. Would anyone else like to share any awesome stories of entrepreneur drone flight? I would love some motivation and collaboration. Glad to be a part of the community!

P.S. Anyone know what the market standards value is for HD video and pics for Real Estate listings? Not many people around here doing this. I haven't seen any ads for it and that's saying something because as an Agent it seems like you get put on everyone's lists.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Here's a thread you might be interested in if you are interested in going commercial:
Shout out to all "Professional" Mavic users

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom