DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Car Charger

RogFed

Reactions
Hi Guys,

It is really good for me to find this forum. Thanks for all information.

I have two questions;

1) I would like to buy car charger but DJI products is too much expensive. I plan to use/buy below mentioned car power inventor. Does this good idea according to your opinion? Does this fit for our battery charger? I bought my Mavic from UK so my type is UK Outlet Socket.

BESTEK 150W Car Power Inverter DC 12V to AC 230V 240V: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

2) For video recording, I need to find optimum settings for my drone before I fly. I am still using my settings as default. Any suggestions; link, thread?

Have a nice flight!!

Regards,

Avoid the DJI car charger it is plain awful. It is a horrible junk contraption.

I can't stand it one bit. You are better off getting a 12/120 or 220/240 v inverter for your car and using the wall charger. Unless I have a bad car charger it seems like it NEVER ever gets the batter past 2 green LEDs of charge and just goes on and on forever.

I actually use that blue one that has 3 charging cables and 2 USB ports that is posted above by another user.

I can charge all 3 of my batteries and RController in about 30-45 mins at the same time. I have even taken it in the car and used with my inverter in the field to great success and little downtime. I fly my mavic so hard I go t through 3 batteries back to back. I am going to get two more batteries for 5 total. Should give me 2 hrs of flight time.

You must have a problem with your DJI car charger, mains charger is 50 watts, car charger is 80 watts, my DJI car charger takes about 50 mins to fully charge one battery. I use the 5 in 1 charger at home. I do not know why the DJI mains charger was so low power (50W) ?

You must have a problem with your DJI car charger, mains charger is 50 watts, car charger is 80 watts, my DJI car charger takes about 50 mins to fully charge one battery. I use the 5 in 1 charger at home. I do not know why the DJI mains charger was so low power (50W) ?
I must ... it might be worth calling DJI and doing warranty over.

I finally got the DJI Car charger. Fantastic, not sure why not working for some. Need a cig/usb adapter so you can charge the controller though, but no biggy. I assume no warranty issue if you blow your batteries which could be an issue with 3rd party chargers.

Thank you for your rapid replies guys @tangoseal @Mavic 57 @quick_dry @SeaComms

Dear @tangosea and @SeaComms ,

How do I get power for this device? I mean power unit needs to get energy from my car. Am I right? I need to have an inverter as mentioned below?

BESTEK 150W Power Inverter Car Charger DC 12V to AC: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Regards,

It has been pointed out to me that my car charger is bad, so just get the DJI one and be done with it. It will plug into your cigarette, 12v, cigar, etc... whatever you want to call it socket.

Except it will only charge if the car battery is over 13v, ie engine is running.

Today I'm using my car charger for the first time and the car is on. The led on the charger is just faintly flashing is it suppose to do that? The battery led is on but flashing on 2 bars. Doesn't seem to be charging though.

Today I'm using my car charger for the first time and the car is on. The led on the charger is just faintly flashing is it suppose to do that? The battery led is on but flashing on 2 bars. Doesn't seem to be charging though.
It might take a little bit of charging to move past the 2 light flashing, not sure, but I've been able to charge my batteries pretty good in the car, while driving from one location to another I just stick it in the rear cigarette socket. The longest drive I've had between locations was about 40mins and it charged up to a pretty decent percentage, any further and it would have been full I guess.

Avoid the DJI car charger it is plain awful. It is a horrible junk contraption.

I can't stand it one bit. You are better off getting a 12/120 or 220/240 v inverter for your car and using the wall charger. Unless I have a bad car charger it seems like it NEVER ever gets the batter past 2 green LEDs of charge and just goes on and on forever.

I actually use that blue one that has 3 charging cables and 2 USB ports that is posted above by another user.

I can charge all 3 of my batteries and RController in about 30-45 mins at the same time. I have even taken it in the car and used with my inverter in the field to great success and little downtime. I fly my mavic so hard I go t through 3 batteries back to back. I am going to get two more batteries for 5 total. Should give me 2 hrs of flight time.

I used the DJI charger about 20 times in Norway without a single issue, and charged my batteries fully as I was driving. Just for the record.

The "Blue" mains charger requires a 200W inverter, Power = Volts x Current, 13V x 4.5A = 58.5W x 3 = 175.5 Watts, assuming your going to use the Blue" charger to charge 3 batteries at the same time in your car.

I finally got the DJI Car charger. Fantastic, not sure why not working for some. Need a cig/usb adapter so you can charge the controller though, but no biggy. I assume no warranty issue if you blow your batteries which could be an issue with 3rd party chargers.

Re: The missing USB ports on the car charger. I tend to use the dregs of an empty battery with the battery converter thingy you get as part of the flymore package and this fully charges the remote. Good for when you’re in the field.

I bought this inverter because I thought it’d be nice to have an AC port for long drives when I or my passengers need to charge a laptop or something like that. This thing’s so powerful that I was able to get a small microwave to work on it (know your wattage beforehand). The extra USB ports are nice too. Even with a bunch of stuff plugged into it, I never ran into situations where the converter would get too hot. Even if it were to get hot, there’s a fan in the back to expel any excess heat. Whether your a truck driver or just someone that wants a bit more convenience whenever the time comes, this adapter is a great buy.

To run a microwave or anything close to that kind of wattage, be sure the inverter is hard wired to the battery with thick cables.
1200 watts at 12V is 100A. Most 12V outlets in cars are rated somewhere between 6-12A and at higher currents, there's a significant voltage drop through the car wiring. That's the reason the M2 OEM car charger would cycle on and off when the car wasn't running. Voltage was just sufficient before the battery actually starts charging, then drops below the threshold after losing a volt or so when the charger starts drawing 6A for the battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest