DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

AirJordan

Reactions
I felt like we should have one central location for Australian Mavic Flyers, so that we don't feel so isolated.

So, Aussie flyers, introduce yourself, state where you are from and feel free to ask or comment on anything DJI Mavic.

I'm from Adelaide by the way.

Gday all. Im from shellharbour. Ordered my mavic from sphere drones and now spending my free time checking my email for arrival date.

G'day.. Have always been a tech junkie. New to flying, been interested for a while, but the size of the drones have always put me off.
The Mavic really grabbed my attention. Pulled the gun and pre-ordered.

I'm also in Adelaide, Brighton. Slight concern though, my house is 5.5km from the airport (using Google maps distance measurement).
Any issues?

Slight concern though, my house is 5.5km from the airport (using Google maps distance measurement).
Any issues?

I have seen some photos taken from Brighton Jetty using a Phantom but wouldn't be able to tell you if it was against the rules. Seems like Adelaide has such strict guidelines regarding flying drones, even not allowing any flights in any national parks.

Where did you end up ordering yours from? Model Flights?

Hello! Moved from mini racing quads to the Mavic. Ordered through Apple and awaiting delivery.

Fixed wing pilot in the real world, but really looking forward to this new toy!

Am I the first from Melbourne?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JSM
In Regional Victoria, an hour from Melbourne! Ordered through Hearns Hobbies - hoping, actually praying they get them in stock this week! :) Anyone heard any updates on delivery to retailers?

So excited for this drone! Nice to meet you all!

Reactions: JSM
I spoke with Digidirect today. They said their stock isn't coming until mid November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perth, W.A.
Ive ordered direct from the USA and was given a shipping date for Oct 23.

How and where were you able to order from California? Are they listed as an authorised reseller? I have family traveling there and Las Vegas in early November and think I might cancel my pre-order from Rise Above and just order internationally.

Rise Above have been very vague, although they do have the most competitive pricing from an authorised reseller in Australia so far.

Up
How and where were you able to order from California? Are they listed as an authorised reseller? I have family traveling there and Las Vegas in early November and think I might cancel my pre-order from Rise Above and just order internationally.

Rise Above have been very vague, although they do have the most competitive pricing from an authorised reseller in Australia so far.

I ordered mine from Riseabove the day after the announcement, I reckon they have 100 Mavic's ordered as their webpage is giving $100 credit for the first 100 ordered as well as the chance to win a P3S.
I'm on the Northside of Brisbane and sold my P3P the day after I ordered the Mavic. It's hard being droneless.

Up

I ordered mine from Riseabove the day after the announcement, I reckon they have 100 Mavic's ordered as their webpage is giving $100 credit for the first 100 ordered as well as the chance to win a P3S.
I'm on the Northside of Brisbane and sold my P3P the day after I ordered the Mavic. It's hard being droneless.
I also ordered from Rise Above. I find that they are a great company but at the moment their prices seem to be one of the highest ones, I wish they were a bit more competitive. Otherwise if they have delays in getting their DJI Mavics, at RRP, I might as well go to Model Flights down the road.

As for their "First 100 pre-orders" promotion, I don't know if they would get that much stock in the first shipment. They haven't mentioned or posted anything on their social media sites for a few weeks now.

I hope people in this forum keep each other posted on when they get deliveries, or if they find a cheaper authorised reseller.

I also ordered from Rise Above. I find that they are a great company but at the moment their prices seem to be one of the highest ones, I wish they were a bit more competitive. Otherwise if they have delays in getting their DJI Mavics, at RRP, I might as well go to Model Flights down the road.

As for their "First 100 pre-orders" promotion, I don't know if they would get that much stock in the first shipment. They haven't mentioned or posted anything on their social media sites for a few weeks now.

I hope people in this forum keep each other posted on when they get deliveries, or if they find a cheaper authorised reseller.
Hi I also tried to order from them
Did you only paid deposit to pre-orders or you had to pay full amount?
Thanks

I have seen some photos taken from Brighton Jetty using a Phantom but wouldn't be able to tell you if it was against the rules. Seems like Adelaide has such strict guidelines regarding flying drones, even not allowing any flights in any national parks.

Where did you end up ordering yours from? Model Flights?
I ordered mine from an eBay reseller called UAV Wholesale.. Not sure when I'll be getting it as all the different forums are abuzz with news of delays. Sigh.

From Rise Above Custom Drone Solutions

"DJI have emailed us over night advising that the Mavic and all accessories have been delayed globally and they have not provided any ETA to any dealer globally."

"DJI have emailed us over night advising that the Mavic and all accessories have been delayed globally and they have not provided any ETA to any dealer globally."

Nooooo!!!

I ordered from Elk Fish Robotics in Fremantle and was told they should have them in stock at the same time DJI did was told yesterday it's more likely to be the end of the month... Hopefully have it early November...

Hi all, I am from Central Vic.
1 hour north of Melbourne. I ordered mine straight from Dji on the 4th of oct. I was hoping to have for cup weekend as we are heading up to the high country.
If it doesn't arrive I will just take the P4.

Cheers Hutchie.

I'm from Sydney.
Ordered my Mavic Power Bank Adaptor on the 27th of September. DJI charged me $32 and I haven't seen any shipping details =(.
Would of been cool to have it this week so I could show the world I have a Mavic Power Bank Adaptor =(

Reactions: Seyhan
Wow, I can't believe the mess that is DJI Mavic at the moment. So much negative talk regarding delivery dates in all the forums I read, is it truly that bad? It would be unfair to take it out on our Aussie retailers like Rise Above, Camzilla, Leederville Cameras or ModelFlight though.

Nooooo!!!

I ordered from Elk Fish Robotics in Fremantle and was told they should have them in stock at the same time DJI did was told yesterday it's more likely to be the end of the month... Hopefully have it early November...
I too splashed out with them, now to play the waiting game haha

I also ordered from Elk in Freo, this product is very popular so I am prepared to play the waiting game, can't do much else really. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike