DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic pilots - Australia

Thanks for the offer Chris. Refund is unfortunately out of the question as I paid with a substantial gift card (Courtesy of my wife, whom gave said gift with the assumption i was going to purchase a new ipad or laptop)... and Credit card. of which I have not told her about said drone yet.. JB told me they wont refund the full value back to my card, but would need to be re-split. So I am just going to have to suck it up for now and wait and see.
Seriously JBHIFI pre-order sucks when I walked in to JBHIFI in Brisbane and purchased a Mavic Combo without a pre-order in December and others still don't have theirs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Anyone purchased from Aus Retailer and still waiting for delivery?
YEP 16th of Oct ordered and STILL WAITING, DJI THIS IS BEYOND A JOKE! if they didnt have such an awesome drone i'd have gone to the competitor LOL

I ordered a fly more combo from a JBHIFI in Sydney last week as the sales guy told me there were only 2 pre-orders and they were expecting a shipment any day. Called to check on the order yesterday and was told they now don't know when they will get them in and it may not be until March. So I've now purchased one on the DJI website and have been told it will be shipped with in 3 days. Fingers crossed!

I ordered a fly more combo from a JBHIFI in Sydney last week as the sales guy told me there were only 2 pre-orders and they were expecting a shipment any day. Called to check on the order yesterday and was told they now don't know when they will get them in and it may not be until March. So I've now purchased one on the DJI website and have been told it will be shipped with in 3 days. Fingers crossed!
hey mate can you when it gets shipped? im thinking about doing the same. going away in 8 days so im cutting it fine lol

hey mate can you when it gets shipped? im thinking about doing the same. going away in 8 days so im cutting it fine lol
Hey mate. I ended up cancelling my order with DJI, however I have seen a few people get theirs shipped within the 3-5 days, not sure if it would make it here in 8 days though. JBHIFI called and told me my order was ready, apparently they had 5 come in. Opening the box now!

Hey mate. I ended up cancelling my order with DJI, however I have seen a few people get theirs shipped within the 3-5 days, not sure if it would make it here in 8 days though. JBHIFI called and told me my order was ready, apparently they had 5 come in. Opening the box now!
Nice! what JB? I just called JB perth and they dont have any haha, they reckon none in WA as well so im guessing your from over east?

Nice! what JB? I just called JB perth and they dont have any haha, they reckon none in WA as well so im guessing your from over east?
Yea, Broadway Store in Sydney. They said they wouldn't expect to get any more until March, so I'm guessing buying from DJI is the best bet.

Im going to remain optimistic. My online jb order has changed status this arvo from "order confirmed" to "in progress"

Hi Guys,
I'm in Sydney Hills area, just got my Mavic a couple of weeks ago.
Does anyone know about decrease in the range and gps problem when using the mavic in isolated areas where there is no phone reception? I took mine to Fiji but was worried about losing it at sea due to no GPS signal on some remote islands.
Got the fly more package too by the way, it's pretty cool.

Im going to remain optimistic. My online jb order has changed status this arvo from "order confirmed" to "in progress"
The guy at Perth JB said he was hoping 2 would rock up either tomorrow or next week. But wouldn't be the first time I've been told that haha

Hi everyone, Im from Brisbane. I got home yesterday after work and to my surprise, a Brand new DJI Mavic was sitting on the kitchen bench.
Charged it up and was flying it around the living room, I had a few close calls though managed to not damage anything.
I tied it with my iphone 5s though i couldn't get connection, my partners iphone 7 however did work. Do I need a new phone?

Congrats KM80.

My online order has changed to "Shipped"!!!!!!! this morning WooF*nHoooo. I also have ready to go; ND filters (Pgytech), a second lens cover, which is currently being converted into a lens hood. (
) and some extension feet. I have an LG G5 which some users have reported has issues connecting also, will keep you updated.

We tried to order from Ebay though was going to take to long so we picked this one up locally for the same price.
I've never owned or even operated a drone, so I'm very excited to get it out in the open and fly it properly. Ill be using it for a range of different things though am looking forward to trying it out on some mountain bike rides.

EDIT - G'day all. I ordered flymore pack direct from DJI 20/01/17 1350. Received text from DHL next day1730. Stuck in customs,,,,not happy

Attachments

• Tracking.jpg
    Tracking.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I have not flown around the bay but know that many people have flown at Wellington Point. Also seen a video at Manly harbour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello fellow Aussie Pilots.

Ive been flyig amostbdaily since I got my drone before Christmas and have met with a couple of other Mavic pilots. Its good they are getting popular. Will be publishing some vids on my flight this is one of my first flight and my video editing is terrible but well if you want to hit me up or meet up to fly let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hello fellow Aussie Pilots.

Ive been flyig amostbdaily since I got my drone before Christmas and have met with a couple of other Mavic pilots. Its good they are getting popular. Will be publishing some vids on my flight this is one of my first flight and my video editing is terrible but well if you want to hit me up or meet up to fly let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hey Stratos,

I was going to fly in Sydney harbour soon too, have you heard of any restriction due to seaplane airspace at all?

Sydney Harbour is NFZ seaplane and helis every where

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys